RUNNING for weight loss: workout & meal plans
By GRINASYS CORP.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Washington Post, AppleInsider and Huffington Post. Featured by Apple in “Best Apps for Runners,” “Get in Shape,” “Hit the Ground Running in 2016.”
SLIM DOWN IN 8 WEEKS.
The only running app on the App Store designed specially for weight loss.
Make your running serve your goals!
The key to effective and resistant weight loss lies in the right combination of an exercise and healthy eating. With our app you’ll get a plan of short interval running workouts and meal plans with yummy healthy recipes to achieve your weight loss goals.
Burn maximum of calories with unique interval plans of running, walking and sprint intervals.
- Choose the best suitable plan based on your goals, level and physical condition;
- Have workouts 3 times per week only and get fit fast;
- Make your workouts shorter and get results faster thanks to smart interval training plans;
- Enjoy the variety of unlimited plans to lose weight, maintain results, keep fit and active.
Get specially tailored diet-and-exercise plans to lose weight fast.
- Enjoy hundreds of yummy recipes with step-by-step instructions;
- Learn what to eat on breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks every day to make constant healthy choices;
- Follow a healthy, nutritionally-balanced diet sufficient in vitamins and microelements;
- Use our water tracker with reminders to stay hydrated.
Listen to cool workout music to improve your results by 15% and motivation by 35%.
- Music tempo adjusts to your workout rhythm – music plays faster as you run faster;
- 1000+ mixes from talented DJs;
- New mixes are added every day;
- All genres – from Classical and Oldies to Rock, Hip-hop and R&B;
- Your own music from any source can also be adjusted to your workout tempo.
All you need is to do your best during a workout, the app will do the rest.
- Choose your personal trainer, from sweet and encouraging to tough and military-style;
- Enjoy detailed audio instructions for every training;
- Get voice encouragements and stats updates during your runs;
- Adjust the amount of audio feedback.
- Keep record of every workout and track your overall progress.
- Mark your mood, weather and take notes about your workout;
- Take pictures during your runs right from the app;
- Synchronize with Apple Health, Fitbit, Runkeeper and MapMyRun.
Learn hundreds of useful healthy eating, workout and clothing tips, which are regularly updated.
The download and usage of Running for weight loss app is free of charge. The upgrade to Premium provides access to more training plans, meals plan, various coaches guidance, running playlists and turns the advertisements off.
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium Membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your monthly subscription is $11.99 per month, while the yearly subscription is $49.99 per year (price may vary by location.) Your subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Auto-renewal may be turned off in your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. You can also manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is developed for informational purposes only. You must always consult your physician or doctor before starting any fitness program.
What's New in Version 6.1
We’re doing our best to make your weight loss easier:
- We've improved our calorie calculation, so that now it also counts your Height.
- Improved main screen where you can now see all your trainings in a row. No missed or rest days for easy navigation to your previous and upcoming trainings. You can launch the app and train at any time and see your next workout – run when you want to!
Your progress is maintained.
For our premium users:
- We’ve added Favorites to recipes. Now you can mark your favs and easily find them in the special list.
We’re working hard on the shopping list to make following the meal plan easier. Wait to see it coming!
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org – we reply to all e-mails!
Have nice workouts!
I have been using this app only for a week now, but I thought I'd still review it.
I have tried various running apps and then downloaded this one to help me become a better runner and lose weight. I haven't noticed any weight shift yet, but that's normal, as I am just at 3 runs this week. However, I noticed that my whole body is sore as if I did a cross fit session: my lower abs, my back and mostly my tights have been sore - which is an amazing feeling. I have also found new motivation to run frequently, as the app really is motivating with its workout design. I love the interval training and it makes 40 min seem like a breeze! I also love that the app sends reminders to drink water, which is great as I tend to forget.
Also to note, I am currently using the free version, and I think I'll first complete the 24 workouts (aka 24 days) before purchasing the premium version - which I think is worth the switch with all additional features the app offers.
That being said, the only thing that bothers me right now with the app is that when you want to share your workout, there is already a pre-written narrative and it says "running for weight loss" which is annoying as I don't necessarily want people to think I'm just running to lose weight. Would be nice if this was removed, or better, if we could write our own narratives!
Other than that, great app! If you need motivation to run, and a little help to lose weight, then you need this app!
My two cents
I've enjoyed using the app so far and really like that the music is tied in with the work out itself. I also like the meal planning idea, but not the process itself. I feel there is a long way to go with this aspect of the program. It would be nice if it gave you a weekly grocery list so you could prepare ahead of time and allowed you to eliminate foods you'll never eat; I for example won't touch fish with a 10' pole. Never have, never will.
I enjoy the workouts themselves and the fact that I can pick a different "coach" everyday if I want, sometimes I just need someone to yell at me to get going and others I just want a kind word of encouragement. I've been sore everyday after a run so I know it's doing something good for me :) no weight loss yet but I've only been following this for 1 week and haven't incorporated the meals yet because they are so out there. I LOVE that it reminds me to drink water, all and all a great app, but room for improvement.
I began to use this app 3 weeks ago. I am a beginner so it is great for interval training and motivation. The music speeds and slows for the intervals so that's good and the mixes has different genres. I tried using different voices but one was scary, stuck with female voice. On the negative, the phone and the watch don't match the data that is displayed on the treadmill. Also the watch display is very sensitive and will pause workout. Also I just ran day 1 of week 4 and the previous logs were completely gone but I ran it anyway. After i finished running I closed any apps and looked at it again, this time the previous logs were present but now the run I just did did not show up. My solution is I use the workout/activity app on the iwatch as I run and this app, plus the the data from the treadmill. Overall great app with music and for motivation and pushing through. Besides I never thought I would be up to 4 weeks.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 14, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 105 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Grinasys Corp.
- © 2016 Grinasys Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership$9.99
- Premium Membership$8.99
- Premium membership: training & meal plans, music$11.99
- Premium Membership$39.99
- Remove ads$4.99
- Premium membership: training & meal plans, music$19.99
- Premium Membership$49.99
- Premium Membership$59.99
- Premium Membership$49.99
- Premium membership: training & meal plans, music$49.99