Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on the Discovery Channel, Wired magazine UK and Japan, The Guardian newspaper 20 best iPhone and iPad apps this week, Shaw Connect’s 10 best new Apps in May and many more.
Make drawings in the real world, photograph them with Tunetrace and hear them transformed into music.
When you photograph a real drawing, the image becomes a computer program that generates live music. Watch as Tunetrace gradually translates your photograph into a skeleton of line endings and crossings. Then the real magic begins. Twinkling lights obey a few very simple rules to navigate your drawing, making music as they go.
Change the drawing and you change the music. The rules are simple but the results can be mind-bogglingly complex. Some drawings make music that repeats in a loop, but some become songs that seem never to repeat. Is it possible to make a drawing that plays music that never ends? Delve deep into the utterly unique magical mystery of Tunetrace and you might find out.
Tunetrace is an app that has to be seen and heard to be believed.
Built using openframeworks.cc
Icons by entypo.com
• Take your creativity off the screen and draw with pen on paper, like we did in the good old days!
• Enjoy the show of sound and light dancing across your drawing.
• Load and save images in your Photo Library.
• Share images via Twitter, Facebook and Email.
• Public gallery of noteworthy new Tunetrace images.
• Touch the screen for slow motion, fast-forward, pause, play and reset controls.
• Turn the screen upside down to see the structure of your drawing as Tunetrace sees it.
• MIDI button when selected outputs Tunetrace music as MIDI events to any MIDI instrument on the WIFI network.
• Compose music just by doodling, and share it by sharing your drawings.
• Very detailed drawings take longer to be traced. Be patient and the tune will start eventually.
What's New in Version 3.0
New! MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Instrument). New MIDI button outputs Tunetrace music as MIDI events to any MIDI instrument on the WIFI network.
Great idea but needs improving
This is a very good idea, but you need to work on it. It always does the same beeping sounds, and it only scans very simple shapes. It would be great if you could have all sounds, not just beeping sounds with slightly different rhythms. Otherwise, this is a great idea for an app. It would be great if you could make some improvements.
I was wondering whether You could add an option to keep on playing an image while You are looking or selecting another one...and maybe having a fading transition from one image-generated music pattern and the next one.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Queen Mary University of London
- © QAppsonline.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.