Dispatch: Email meets GTD with TextExpander snippets
By Clean Shaven Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dispatch makes it easy to act on emails even when you're on the move.
It lets you get rid of mails by swiping, respond faster with snippets, and process your mails with other apps.
WHAT REVIEWERS SAY
"App Store Best of 2013" in 5 countries
"Everybody is trying to revolutionize email these days… For me, it has succeeded." — Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"The best iPhone email app for power users" — Robert McGinley Myers, The Sweet Setup
"Dispatch is the iPhone e-mail client I have been looking for for years" — Charlie Sorrel, Cult of Mac
"Dispatch is quite possibly the best third party email client I've ever used for iPhone… If you're buried in emails, you need this app now!" — Allyson Kazmucha, iMore.com
RESPOND FASTER WITH SNIPPETS
Typing the same thing over and over again?
Store frequently used replies as snippets* and reuse them the next time you get a similar question.
Heck—we even say 'Hi' for you when replying an email so you can cut to the chase.
* Dispatch also supports “TextExpander touch snippet expansion” (sold separately).
Dispatch talks to 55 apps. For example, you can:
• Archive important mails to Evernote
• Save links to read later with Pocket
• Create tasks in OmniFocus & Things
• Set reminders in Reminders or Due
Other apps include: 1Password, Asana, AppigoTodo, 2 Days, 2Do, Appigo Todo, Asana, Box, Chrome, Clear, Dolphin Browser, DashPlus, Drafts, Droplr, Evernote, Facebook, Fantastical, Finish, Google Maps, Google Translate, HockeyApp, iCabMobile, Instapaper, Message, Mercury, Omnifocus, Pinner, Pinbook, Pinswift, Pushpin, Pocket, Pocket Informant, Readability, Reminder, Safari, Skype, The Hit List, Things, Trello, Todoist, Toodledo, Twitter, Wunderlist.
See http://www.dispatchapp.net/apps for full list.
IT'S OK TO MAKE MISTAKES
Getting rid of mails is fun in Dispatch.
But in case you get too excited with the housekeeping, you can always undo your last delete, archive or move action (for about 4 seconds).
BACKGROUND FETCH, NOTIFICATIONS AND BADGES
Fetches* and notifies you of new emails when possible, even if Dispatch is not actively running. Optionally, choose to badge up Dispatch with the number of unread emails for all or just some of your accounts.
* This is NOT push. The background fetch interval is determined by iOS based on frequency of usage and other factors. We have no plans for push.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED
Search your Inbox and Archive folders. Narrow down the email you're looking for by building up multiple search terms, eg. Sender contains 'John', Recipients contains 'Sharon', and Subject contains 'Meeting'.
AND MANY MORE…
• Attach inline images from Camera Roll
• Alias support: Send and reply from another email address (server permitting)
• View the raw source of emails
LOCALIZED FOR 10 LANGUAGES
Fully localized in English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Português brasileiro, 简体中文, 繁體中文.
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 8 or later.
Supports IMAP-based email accounts. Tested to work with: Gmail, Google Apps, iCloud, AOL, Yahoo!, FastMail, QQ.com, GMX.com, Openmailbox.org.
Users have reported problems with the following services: Office 365, Yahoo Business Mail, Dreamhost, Live.com. We do not recommend buying Dispatch if you're using any of these services.
Mail servers not listed above require additional configuration, or may fail to work.
Please take note of the limitations Dispatch has compared with the built-in Mail app:
- No push notifications for emails (no plans for it)
- No support for POP/Exchange-based email (no plans for it)
- No access to drafts stored in Dispatch from other mail apps
- No landscape mode, S/MIME encryption
- Can only attach images
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Fixed: Crashes for some users when loading email
Feature-rich workhorse for email, but lacks developer support
I love Dispatch's email inbox gestures and action-processing options. Whereas Mailbox felt like it always postponed a growing pile of emails, Dispatch saves me time in resolving and responding to emails. Little things like swipe back to reference the original email, auto (and custom) greetings, and text expansion make composition much easier, especially if you're a heavy mobile-email user like me.
BUT they need to figure out their customer support and development updates as they continue to grow and scale. I've submitted multiple bug problems and reports—some annoying and some disruptive, forcing me to erase and reinstall the app several times!—with no response from them and no information on their site.
Great expectations mediocre execution
I had really high hopes for this app and I like the design aesthetics but it simply makes going through large quantities of email take a lot longer.
- sound effects
- application interoperability
- no threaded email view (deal killer)
- no way to filter messages and perform bulk operations (like low priority messages and being able to single click archive all of them)
- attached images are not displayed inline on email (I am sorry if an email consists solely of an attached image and subject the image should be shown in the body)
- does not notify properly (I had dispatch installed alongside spark and spark was the only one notifying me of new email)
- in the email view the archive button takes two clicks (should be single click archive long hold bring up other options)
Dispatch is now uninstalled and I have no way of getting back the $6.99 I spent on an app I will never use again!
Easy Reminders and Events from Email. Best implementation of any iOS app. Now apps that don't have an email address to allow making tasks or events in them by email forwarding are accessible through this clever mail app. It's quick and easy.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Clean Shaven Apps Pte. Ltd.
- © Clean Shaven Apps Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.