By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 20.0.0
• Fixes for iOS 11 compatibility
still needs some fine tuning..
1- major fail : If in a large group, or small group really.. DO NOT INITIATE A GROUP VIDEO CHAT WITHOUT ASKING “ ARE YOU SURE “ !!!! same with a group phone call, do not initiate a group video or phone call without verification. I see it happen all the time in my large groups, accidental phone calls and accidental video chats, that has to stop. It is VERY embarrassing and unprofessional
2- needs improvement : different contacts and especially different groups need different alert sounds.. We need the ability of setting or changing the sounds made for different contacts . some of my chats I need to know IMMEDIATELY if a message comes thru, and some (during work hours) or when I am with clients, I don't need the same level of attention.. I DON’T WANT TO SHUT THEM COMPLETELY OUT OR LEAVE THE CHAT .. I simply want to adjust the alert or ringtone for that particular chat to something more subtle.. while on the other hand , if it is a message from someone that requires more urgent attention ... I want a message from that person to be IMPOSSIBLE to ignore.. Please, give me the choice.
Please address these 2 issues.
It’s a decent app but it’s still glitchy at times especially with the video chat. Also, my notifications don’t come through on my devices. I have hangouts on multiple devices but the notifications only come through on my last used device. So if we can get a fix for that I’m good. My final gripe is the sending of videos. At one point I was able to send videos but I no longer can. Not sure if it was mentioned in one of the updates as to why it stopped but that is an inconvenience for me. Especially seeing as how I use hangouts as an alternate number as well. I hope this gives some insight as to possible changes and additions/readditions but just wanted to express my thoughts. Thanks for reading and stop asking me if I wanna write a review.
The Best Period❗️
Google Hangouts is the Best!
I've read some of the other reviews that say Hangouts needs some fixes or fine tuning. The truth is it's FREE❗️I'm able to make and receive calls, texts, and pictures on this wonderful app. I've had Cingular, Singular, AT&T, and Verizon services. When they mess up your service you still pay 💰. Also, customer service treats you like They are paying you and not the other way around. Those companies have Never asked me to rate them. They Suck❗️So when I hear people whining about the little things that FREE Hangouts could have. I say shut up❗️It really is a wonderful tool. Thank you Hangouts❗️😄
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 20.0.0
- Size: 99.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.