By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 7.0.0
• Hide message content in notifications (Turn off Show preview setting to hide the content).
• Accessibility improvements.
• Fixed intermittent delay in video startup.
• Contact names included in Google Voice notifications (Sync contacts setting must be on).
Does Not Work??
I've been using the Google chat function for around five years, and I have one very good friend to whom I speak almost exclusively using Google chat. However, as I've grown older and spend less time on my computer, having access to the chat function on my mobile phone is important to me. Up until around September 2015, this app worked great! I loved being able to chat while I was on my phone, and sending pictures was a definite plus.
But now I can't connect more than half the time- I'll send a message while actively having a conversation and suddenly the message will not go through. I've re-downloaded this app more times than I can count, hoping to get it to work. Recently, I re-downloaded the app to find I could not log in. That lasted a few days. Now it's been nearly two weeks and I still cannot log in. I couldn't even leave this review via the feedback section of the app- I'm typing this on my computer. But even though my phone is almost always connected to strong wifi which supports /every other app on my phone/, this app claims "could not connect" every time I try to use it. I'm ready to give up on it, which makes me sad because I love the Google chat. Please fix this?
What do want for free?
Make sure on the iPhone settings >do not disturb ~ allow all calls >everyone. Now your phone will ring.
For text and pics~ hangout apps>contact~press the person's name in your contacts~ SMS texts> icon ~on the lower left corner for pictures on your phone or middle icon for >camera~ click >send SMS from my google voice number ~write text here> click >>>right arrow to the right and sending. You're finish assuming you already set up your google email with their free phone number.
I use my phone as a home phone or where there is wifi connections. Wala>awesome. Just do what I wrote above and the app is perfect. Thanks google. Very happy since I left google voice since they charge money now.
So for people complaining 'what do you want for free'.
I've never had so much fun communicating with friends in my life. I get the scary, frustrating, need-to-be-dealt with sounds from my phone texts, but I have Hangouts reserved for friends and family and the sound that comes through to comm with them warms my heart and makes me feel I miss them less knowing how easy it is to reach them across the sea. Hangouts lets me do this by popping in a photo or music link or other file and use the numerous emotos that are funny and easy to use... Can even take a selfie direct from the app to send. Video is awesome and much like Skype, it lets me almost BE with my people. Love this app and thank you very much!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Version: 7.0.0
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.