Chordtunes is an iPad app for creating chord sheets for guitar, ukulele, and mandolin. You can think of Chordtunes as a text editor for creating chord sheets. Entering chords is as easy as typing. There is no need to decide which instrument to create your chord sheet for. Your chord sheet will display for any instrument the app supports. A custom input keyboard provides an easy way to select and enter the chords.
=== FEATURES ===
* Custom Keyboard for chord entry
* Create once, display for all instruments
* Share Chord Sheets by email or Dropbox
* Three PDF formats:
-- Chords and Lyrics
-- Chords on Top
-- Chords Only
* Save or import to/from Dropbox
* Guitar, Ukulele, and Mandolin supported
-- Soprano Uke (ADF#B)
-- Tenor Uke (GCEA)
-- Baritone Uke (DGBE)
-- Guitar (EADGBE)
-- Mandolin (GDAE)
-- Mandola (CGDA)
* Over 1,700 chords
* Transpose to any key
* Lyric support
* Stand-alone app. Internet not required unless you want to email a chord sheet or access Dropbox.
Find out more about Chordtunes: https://vimeo.com/68517567
EUMLab's goal is to unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Thanks, everyone. We will keep making the best music Apps for you.
Fix the bug of insert rows
Ratings and Reviews
I use Chordtones all the time. It is very handy for transposing all the chords from a key with difficult fingerings to another that is much easier. The only problem I have with it is that it crashes when I use its Print function. I have to save my song to Dropbox and print from there. (Using a Wi-Fi printer.)
Even with this setback it is a great program. Think of it as a word processor for stringed instruments. Type one line of words and another of chords that you can easily move over the correct syllable. Use it once and you'll be hooked!
Wow, did I need this one
Lovely app, but unfortunately only available for iPad. It would be so lovely if the authors made a Mac application. Admittedly it only cover first position chords, but it is so straight forward to transcribe a song/composition with chords (note, this is not a tablature app, it will not suffice for finger style) and then easily transposing to another key. Brilliant and worth it at twice the price. Bravo!
Decent app but needs tweaks
Decent app. Needs more options and features.
1. Needs a bigger chord library or better yet ability to do custom chords as mentioned by earlier reviewers.
2. Needs adjustable font size.
3. Needs a no chords option on the PDF views. I know how to play my chords and don't need them eating up a chunk of space at the top of each page.
4. Option for title on page 1 only. My sheets are 4 pages long, and that is using no space between verses and choruses. I'm a fan of 1 page chord sheets but they are nigh impossible with this app.
5. PDF view preview pane for active line or ability to edit in PDF view. Switching back and forth to tweak spacing becomes tedious.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.