Pocket Files is the ultimate tool to manage and keep your photos, videos and documents safe and private: File Manager, Photos Vault, Media Player and a Private Web Browser with file downloader all in one app.
Easily import your photos from your iDevice, private web browser or computer, create new folders/sub-folders (or albums) and notes. Set a passcode for the app or folders and catch the intruder’s picture with their GPS location who attempt to break-in to your app.
◉ File Manager
- Simple and elegant photo, video and file manager and organizer
- Create new folders/subfolders (or albums) and notes
- Import or export files from your computer wirelessly or iTunes sync
- Import photos/videos from iOS 11 Files (iCloud Drive), Dropbox and more
- Import Live Photos as video + photo
- Share extension: import supported files directly from Safari, Photos and other apps
- Search files and sort by date, name or size
- View photos, videos, animated GIFs, PDF, ZIP, Microsoft Office documents or iWork files
- Shuffle order of photos videos and files
- Recover deleted files using Trash
- Ability to zip and unzip files
- Capture photo or record videos inside the app
- Quickly preview photos, videos and folders using 3D Touch
- Assign launch passcode/PIN using 4 to 8 digits
- Lock and password-protect any folder and its files by using password or Touch ID
- Decoy Mode: open a completely new screen with entirely different files and folders by entering a separate passcode at launch
- Panic Action: quickly switch to decoy mode or Safari, Music, Mail and Messages app by simply swiping the screen
- Break-in report: catch photo and location of any intruder who tries to break-in to your app
◉ Media Player
- Play all popular audio and video formats:
AVI, DAT, DIVX, FLAC, FLV, F4V, WMV, VOB, WEBM, RM, RAM, VGM, VGZ, MKA, MKV, OGG, OGM, PVA, MTS, M2TS, DVR-MS, MPC, AMR, AU, ASF, DTS and more
- Supports gestures: swipe left and right to move media position, swipe up and down to adjust volume and double-tap to pause/resume
- Ability to play audio and videos files in background mode
- Supports MP3 artwork and metadata
◉ Tabbed Web Browser for private web browsing and file download
◉ Slideshow photos with customized settings
◉ Quickly edit photos (crop and rotation)
◉ Easily access and share stored files via iMessage
◉ Dark Theme and more...
Fixes a crash on iOS 12 beta!
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, Few Quirks and Suggestions
First off, this is the best photo/time organizer I’ve found after trying dozens of them. There are however a few quirks and features I’d love to see...
1. When files are deleted, there’s no confirmation (nor for emptying trash). An errant finger and things are gone
2. When files are deleted the space is NOT released from the app. This tells me the files are still sitting on the device / in the app and haven’t actually been deleted. Have to complete delete and re-install the app to get back this space which is a pain.
3. I’d love for the slideshow to pause with a quick tap on the image, then be able to resume right from where it left off.
4. When viewing a slideshow, it would be great if swiping back or forward went to the previous / next slide shown - right now it goes to the previous / next image in the album order, not in the slideshow order (this would allow to go back to the last shown side or forward to the next one skipping ahead).
5. I have no idea how to “buy” the upgrade. I haven’t been prompted to upgrade yet, maybe that will happen automatically at some point. A buy/restore purchase should be a menu option.
6. There should be a setting to avoid backing up the contents to iTunes backups.
That’s all, you’ve got a solid app that’s on its way to being a solid 5 stars!
Perfect for me
I desired a specific set of requirements in a “video vault” type of app, and after trying around 10 different apps, this one nailed them all:
1. Plays wide variety of video sizes and formats, plays vids in sequential order (doesn’t stop between vids).
2. Files can be presented in a clean, text format with minimal thumbnails, and can be reasonably sorted.
3. Creating folders and moving files around is easy and straightforward, and syncing files with iTunes seems exceptionally solid (compared with other similar apps I’ve tried).
4. The UI is streamlined and minimal. There’s also a help icon!!
5. Uses my preferred password format... the dot-square, for input.
Everything else in the app, for me, was frosting... but, if your main needs in this type of app match mine, I can highly recommend it. If they don’t, I still recommend checking it out, overall it seems to be good quality.
After trying no less than five different apps in the wake of the loss of HiFolder, I have finally found the one that provides me with all the functionality I needed: nested folders, File Sharing import, TouchID security, and a decoy vault. The only thing that could be improved, would be to allow full passwords instead of just PINs, although support for numeric passes up to eight digits does measurably improve security over the usual 4-digit option. Besides that, a perfect app for the secure storage of photos and other files.
- Rambax, LLC
- 97.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013 - 2018 Rambax, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.