VLC for Mobile
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
What's New in Version 2.8.5
· Fixes an unexpected app termination when uploading specifically crafted files through WiFi Upload
· iOS 7 stability improvements, notably when browsing servers via UPnP or deleting locally stored media
· Fixes H.264 high level hardware decoding on devices with A10 or A11
· General stability improvements and bug fixes
I tried using the VLC iOS app back on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation and at that time (2010-ish), I hated it because it was just so unwieldy and subtitles didn’t work well. Thus I switched to AV Player and never looked back... until now - I installed out of curiosity and man have things changed - the interface is punchy, love that my library (with its naming convention already optimized for Plex) can be tossed in and organized automatically, subs work wonderfully - I love it thus far. I’m docking a point for the fact that there is not optimization for iPhone X, but once that’s done I will absolutely give this 5/5 stars.
Great app but not good over a WiFi network
I use SAMBA to play video over my WiFi network but whenever I exit a folder, the file explorer shows the file list from the beginning. It is so annoying.
The app has also problems with playing AVI files. While scrolling a video in AVI format over a WiFi network, the video freezes.
Where is the update for the iPhone X?
We just had an update for fixes but nothing addressing the full screen resolution standard of the iPhone 10. Netflix and other video players are already up to date with the 18:9 resolution. I’m waiting for the iPhone X update before I add more stars
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 2.8.5
- Size: 82.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: VideoLAN
- © VideoLAN and authors
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes