By Mixedbag Srl
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: does NOT work on iPhone 3GS/iPod touch 4th generation.
Get a trip back to the 80s' with the insanely fast, insanely difficult action of Futuridium EP, one of the hardest game on the App Store!
Futuridium EP is a retro fast paced shoot’em up with a modern twist, amazing 3D graphic and an adrenaline pumping 45 minutes original soundtrack.
What the press says:
"Piloting a nimble one-man fighter craft and taking on a fleet of epic armed-to-the-teeth alien dreadnoughts has never been so much fun." - indiegames.com
"An amazing debut from an exciting new indie studio" - rgcd.co.uk
"Fun as hell, and I can’t stop playing. Seriously, somebody help me." - indiestatik.com
You are a lone starship pilot who get lost in a dimensional loop just before a battle: with a limited and constantly depleting energy bar your only hope is to fly as fast as possible over enormous space dreadnoughts and destroy all the cyan power cubes, replenishing your energy tank and revealing the ship’s power core, which must be destroyed to move to the next ship.
- No special powers, no bonuses: only the player reflexes count. Your ship, your lasers, your ability!
- You can stop and turn your ship 180° at any time, an essential ability
- No speed control: you always fly as fast as possible...
- 13 levels
- 11 original music tracks, for a 45 minutes original soundtrack. You can skip them in games like a jukebox.
- A new energy based gameplay mechanic
- 5 different gameplay speeds, unlockable finishing the game. The game can get crazy fast...
- 4 different graphic skins
- Peculiar graphic style, full of colours and glitchy full screen special effects
- Full GameCenter support, with online leaderboards and achievements
- A credit system: destroy cubes to get in game credits to continue and other goodies
- Cool easter eggs!
Are you up to the challenge?
What's New in Version 1.1
- New game mode with 40+ random levels!
- New control options and modes
- Revised menu
- New hi score leaderboard
- Improved graphic and performance
- Bug fixes
Unreliable controls land you in a leaderboard with a broken exit button
Being able to start a new game or return to the main menu reliably from the "GAME OVER" screen is an extremely low bar that isn't cleared here. Being able to turn the fighter around (a core mechanic) is extremely finicky, often changing the view instead so you get a 1st (or 3rd) person shot of your crash at a critical juncture before being trapped in a leaderboard screen you can only ever exit half the time.
I grew up playing X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and Star Fox so I was excited when I first heard of Futuridium EP. Maybe that's why I can't get used to a game where you can only fire directly down the level and not in the direction you're facing.
Frustrating and wonky controls
This game doesn't have a lot of substance to it. Shoot cubes and that's it. The only problem is that it's frustrating to simply maneuver. Top it with the fact that it's incredibly difficult to shoot even one cube despite how good your accuracy is. The soundtrack is also just a bunch of dumb dubstep. The retro environment is kinda cool, but it would be nice to see some actual graphics. The devs on this game really need to fix or rethink some stuff.
HARD but good
Seriously this game is 1-hit death & you have to start the entire campaign over when you fail a level. That being said, the gameplay is one of the best on my iPhone. 👍 RECOMMEND
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 09, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mixedbag Srl
- © 2013 MixedBag Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.