Create pro-quality piano backing tracks for any song in minutes with the world's only chord-based audio loop app.
With over 7,000 precision-cut, chord-based piano loops (included) recorded exclusively by Tom Cawley, one of the world's leading pianists, SessionBand Piano - Volume 1 instantly converts the chords you select into great sounding audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like auto-transpose, one-touch live recording and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music, even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Piano - Volume 1 is a unique app for songwriters, singers, producers and anyone who wants to quickly create professional piano tracks.
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
Please do not buy if your device is older than iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create studio-quality music:
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio piano loops
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your songs in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across all different playing styles and tempos
* Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other leading music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 7,000 precision-cut piano loops included in the app:
* Over 7,000 individually recorded, chord-based piano loops included
* Covering 22 of the most current playing styles and tempos
* From 60bpm through to 180bpm
* Each of the 22 styles includes 10 chord variations for every root note!
* Major, major 7th, add 2, sus4, 7sus4, 7th, minor, minor 7th, minor 9th, dim
SessionBand gets the world's top session musicians playing on your tracks:
* All 7,000 loops recorded exclusively for SessionBand by highly acclaimed pianist and composer Tom Cawley – one of the world's leading pianists. Not only is Tom an in-demand Jazz pianist (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Stacey Kent, Ronnie Scott's All-Stars...), he is also one of the most sought-after pop/rock session pianists performing around the world with Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli and many others.
* All loops recorded at the famous Bunker studios (UK) on Yamaha S6 grand piano and Fender Rhodes Mark II Suitcase 73.
* Mastered by top UK producer James “Lerock” Loughrey (Mel C, Joss Stone, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Beverley Knight...)
* All loops are copyright free so you can use them freely in your music
Anyone can create professional quality piano tracks with SessionBand:
* No musical experience required
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert. If it doesn't sound right - simply pick another one!
* Copy and paste function speeds up the song building process
* Highly educational
* Help tutorials on every main screen
Create great-sounding, real piano tracks on the move.
Summary of main features:
* Over 7,000 individually recorded piano loops included
* 22 up-to-date Pop/Rock/RnB playing styles and tempos
* 10 chord variations for every root note in every style
* Live and automated (block) mixing
* Metronome and count-in
* Auto-transpose entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Instant one-touch recording
* Email finished track as audio instantly
* Email track as file for other SessionBand - Piano Edition users to import
* iTunes file sharing
* Range of export/share features including Audiobus and AudioCopy
* 390 demo tracks included
• Improved export/backup of SessionBand track files
• Metronome count-in can be recorded
• Fix for A-Z track listing bug
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic songwriting tool!
I really love this app. I got this and the acoustic guitar version a few days ago. I've already got strong starts on about 6 new songs inspired by the playing and demo chord progressions. Some of these may make it to the track in Sonar X2 if I decide to produce something bigger. The sounds are quite good except for a few transition effects here and there. If it's mixed with other instruments, you would never notice those. I've done a few simple demos in GarageBand using Audio Copy/paste. Audiobus works but getting it synced with GB metronome was more trouble than it's worth. For a quick sketch of a new song, I just play back the loop in this app on my iPad, and record my voice and the instrument using the Voice Memo on my iPod touch. Not high quality but really quick and easy.
This app is similar in some respects to Band in a Box on PC. I have used that program for years, and in recent years it's gotten really good with Real Tracks. Those are chords and riffs and other parts play by studio musicians and synced to the midi track which you defined by chord progressions very much like this app. BIAB is more flexible but also much more complicated and expensive.
Quality user experience
The app is well thought-out in terms of layout and design and the loops sound great...these are all songs I'm producing that can be put into my video projects and sent to paying clients.
The tutorials are a bonus as well...the folks giving the lessons seem extremely knowledgable and it's worth checking out what they have to offer.
So far good experiences with this application and will continue to use.
Great, needs cross-SessionBand copy-paste
I use my iPad to practice guitar and bass. This beats many of the other tools I have been using for good jam tracks. I have five or so SessionBand apps now, and wish there were in easy way to copy and paste chord progressions between them. There are also choppy audio issues when I use audiobus that I expect you folks will clean up.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.