The first combined Traditional/Simplified Chinese English Dictionary for the iphone, with almost 90,000 words and phrases, is now FREE! Search pinyin, english, traditional chinese, or simplified chinese at the same time without having to set your search type. Searches are close to instant and results appear as you type!
Save words you've looked up in the past. You can bookmark any phrase/word and access it later; great learning tool for native Chinese and English speakers alike.
No internet connection needed. The entire dictionary is downloaded and at your fingertips.
- Side by side Traditional/Simplified words
- Toggle whether Traditional or Simplified is your primary mode in 'Preferences'
- Search Suggestions - results appear interactively as you type. Results get more accurate as you input more characters.
- Bookmark phrases from your searches. Great as a learning or reference tool.
- EXTREMELY quick search results. Searches take 1/5th
of a second on average.
- Search Pinyin, English, Chinese at the same time.
- Access to almost 90,000 Chinese words/phrases offline.
- Enable Chinese Traditional, Simplified, or Pinyin input by going to your iPhone settings page
* Settings -> General -> International -> Keyboards -> Chinese (Traditional)
* Settings -> General -> International -> Keyboards -> Chinese (Simplified)
Dictionary is sourced from the CC-CEDICT project. http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=cedict
iOS 10 support
Ratings and Reviews
Simply amazing 這個東西太棒了！
I downloaded this app because I hated pleco. I didn't find it as user friendly as my friends did, perhaps I used it wrong. This app, however, has almost never failed me (there are phrases here and there that it doesn't pick up, but that's happened like twice in the year I've used it). You can search with pinyin, English, or character (simplified or traditional) and the app will give you multiple results. It even works as a pretty decent translator, because the person you're showing the results to will look at the list and realize what you're talking about based on context. What I love most about this app, though, is the fact that it displays both traditional and simplified so I can see both. I started learning mandarin using simplified characters, (so the app defaulted to simplified with traditional in parentheses) but this summer I decided to start using traditional. Within less than a day the app automatically switched its settings, giving traditional the priority. It still shows simplified in parentheses which is helpful to me because I can make sure I've found the right character based on my knowledge of simplified. Stop reading this and download the app!
It translate good but i would like it to have a turning ability. I find it easier to view things when device is longer horizontally than vertically.
Very quick searches!
- Alan Lee
- 46.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Red 8 Ventures
- In-App Purchases
- Pro (Includes All Upgrades) $8.99
- Unlimited Bookmarks $4.99
- Remove Ads $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.