Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Battle to Rule the Pacific Skies!
Take flight over the treacherous Pacific waters where ace pilots redefine historic World War II battles! Skillfully pilot the most iconic American and Japanese fighter planes of the Pacific War while representing the Army or Navy. Upgrade your fighters and promote your leading pilots so they master new skills needed to ambush an enemy VIP, rescue POW pilots or torpedo bomb enemy targets!
Can you turn the tide of war? Or will you go down in flames to an enemy ace?
• Enlist in over 180 missions set in iconic WWII battles like Pearl Harbor, Midway and Guadalcanal
• Expertly pilot fleets of American or Japanese aircraft while representing the Army or Navy
• Earn promotions, equipment upgrades and advanced Ace maneuvers
• Personalize your pilot profile and aircraft to set you apart in battle
• Single player battles & Multiplayer missions with leaderboards through Game Center
What's New in Version 1.2
Added the word “Autosave” to the “Continue Last Game” button to clarify what it does. Simply click this button to pick-up where you left off with the last game in progress.
Optimizations and Bug Fixes
Not as fun as the first one...
I wanted to like this game, but there are several changes from the first game that I don’t really care for:
1) Planes accumulate damage and don’t get repaired until the next campaign.
2) Avatars have silly/annoying expressions… only the Americans.
3) Glitchy effects and crash animations.
4) No “Leading Aces” stat board.
5) Annoying start up video. I have to watch an ad for a game I bought? Why?
6) Fewer countries to choose from.
7) You get multiple victory stats for shooting down a plane with multiple people inside. It should be 1 plane = 1 victory.
8) No mission selection.
9) G-Force and altitude restrictions make combat less fun and more tedious.
10) Enemy is either too easy or too hard.
There are some things I liked about it though:
1) More missions per game.
2) Plane customization.
3) Injured pilots don’t stay out of action for long.
4) Multiple save slots.
Those points made, this could have been an amazing game, but it doesn't seem to me they put as much effort into Pacific Skies as they did or the first one. Maybe they’ll get it right in a future update?
Gets better After Playing It For A Bit
This game started off frustrating until making it to the point where you get a new plane. It helps to mix the fast planes with the ones that can maneuver better in order to control the battle easier. If planes get damaged the pilots can swap roles and maintain a stronger strength through the four level stages between repairs.
Great game. Details need sorting out
Love the previous game. Great graphics. Game play is choppy at times. Cumulative damage on my planes from mission to mission?!? I guess the airplane mechanics are on strike. Enjoyed choosing mission type in previous game, would like to see that here too.
Using ace maneuver high Yo-Yo is not applying the second parts damage. Ex: I preview high yo yo and says 20% followed by 100% damage, the other plane is still flying after attack! Does this regularly every time. Please fix!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 2K Games
- © 2013 2K Games, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.