By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 DJ App, now with Spotify integration!
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
What's New in Version 2.7.4
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Thank you for using djay. Please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Lots of great features but can be improved
When using the bounce or pad looper, the track continues to advance (regardless of whether slip is active or not); when the loop finishes the music picks up later in the song rather than at the end of the loop region. Using a cue point can compensate for this but you can only access the cue at the bottom of the mixer because the cue panel is hidden while the looper panel is open.
There is no suggested song list based on tempo and key of current song. (most apps have that feature) For some reason books, iTunes U videos and movies are all included in my library. I could use a way to remove these things from my in-app library.
A lock on the FX pad would be nice, as would a way to view the BPM while moving the pitch/tempo slider.
Overall it is a solid app. I like a few of the features in Traktor better than what is offered in this app. I wish I could zoom out of the scrolling waveform and I could use a feature like Traktor’s freeze and flux. I also wish there was a mapping function for controllers not currently supported or altering mappings for controllers that are supported. I like the app but ideally it would be nice to use a controller of my choice or at least remap on of the supported controllers.
Great app but why stop improving?
This is by far the best app available, but I do have wishes.
I'd love to see a way to customize the library. I often look for songs by BPM and key, on the fly. Doesn't work. It takes too long to find compatible tunes.
I'd love to be able to folder mixes as I create them.
And my number one! From time to time I mix for an hour or so. I know maybe I need to work on it a bit but last night I missed a mix at 48 minutes of 1 hour and 20 minutes. Make a way that I can splice this without re-recording 48 minutes of mix before I have to repair a 3 second flub.
On the fly, live mixing, this is it! Make it so I can use it to shut down those fake computer geeks that call matching stationary wave forms an art. It's not mixing.
Awesome engine but bad music library browser
The application's engine (by this I mean all the features like auto sync, looping, fx, etc) is great, but the moment you open the music library browser you are disappointed. The music library browser features are very limited because you cannot see nor sort by song rating, you cannot see comments, and you cannot see year. In addition, you cannot configure how you browse your music e.g Year -> Genre -> Song, Rating, BPM, Key (other apps like cross dj already do this). More advance features like nested searches, and compatible song recommendations (tracktor dj already does this) would also make this app a more complete product.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 82.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2006-2015 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection$9.99
- Resonate FX Pack$3.99
- Juggle FX Pack$3.99
- Slice FX Pack$3.99
- Warp FX Pack$3.99
- Modulate FX Pack$3.99