With Hype app, you can discover and book fantastic experiences for locals in any city in the world. Interested in sharing experiences you love with others? Become a content contributor, get press passes and attend festivals, restaurants, art shows and other experiences you love free of charge. Share 10 posts and get an influencer badge.
FIXED: Facebook login :)
Ratings and Reviews
Pros and Cons
I’ll get right to it...
- UE is similar to Instagram so everything feels familiar
- Photos load in high quality
- Options for editing
- You have options to edit but no way to re-edit if you need to and I’m not referring to color grading and all of that..I’m talking about the caption, location, category, etc
- The lag time while navigating is pretty bad
- Right off the bat you start your journey already following 200+ people you don’t know and have never met
- There’s no option for video (sorry DPs)
- The numbers just simply don’t make sense. For instance, you have “influencers” who have thousands and thousands of followers but their posts only get 30ish likes
- I got a canned welcome email that informed me to reply back with any questions. So I did. I haven’t heard anything back yet and it’s been about a week. Oddly enough, their rep continues to spam my social media account t asking if I have an account.
Could this be a good platform, sure. It would need a lot of financial backing to get it where it needs to be.
Best way to explore the foodie scene
I had my first experience with Hype for a tasting menu at a local restaurant and what an AMAZING experience!!! Our contact at Hype set up the entire thing, from communicating with the restaurant to setting up the day and time for our visit. When we got to the restaurant, they knew exactly what we were there for and gave us beyond a 5 star treatment. I would absolutely recommend becoming a part of the Hype community and participating in events like this!
More than just an app!
I’ve been using the Hype for about a year now, and I’ve got to say it’s really been one of the most valuable apps I’ve ever downloaded.
It goes beyond a nice user interface and sharing curated photos with others; it’s how the app encourages you to share experiences with a community IRL.
It’s an intriguing blend of IG lifestyle type posts, Yelp like reviews of local hot spots, and an opportunity to meet people with similar interests, like Meetup. Seriously, I’ve met some amazing people, and made some really good friends through the Influencer events! If you love good food, music, and culture and you’re that person who always wants to share your favorite spots (and discover ones you didn’t know) than go for it! You’ll thank me later.
TLDR: Hype is experience-sharing at its best.
- Behype Ltd.
- 72.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Behype Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.