Opera Coast web browser
By Opera Software ASA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opera Coast is a completely new way to browse the web on iPhone and iPad. Download this easy-to-use browser and stay updated on exciting stories and news from your favorite sites. Opera Coast is beautiful, fast, secure and offers the smoothest browsing experience on iOS. Get it now. It’s free.
Opera Coast will amuse, inform and divert you. It's the small moments that can make or break your day, and Opera Coast makes them enjoyable. Like when you need to pass some time at the bus stop, have ten minutes to kill in between meetings or are lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
We believe there is more to the web than just a handful of favorite sites and the first page of search results. It’s an exciting place, full of surprises waiting to be discovered. Opera Coast brings that to you. It was made to entertain you, without getting in your way.
Here are some of the ways in which Opera Coast makes the web fun:
- It gives you the smoothest browsing experience on iPhone and iPad. Websites look just as good as those apps you love, and you can navigate easily using simple gestures (including 3D Touch!).
- Get instant news and entertainment from your favorite sources. As you add sites to your home screen, Opera Coast creates a feed just for you, with updated articles that load instantly.
- Our search results aren’t a wall of text; they are visual, instead. This makes it easy for you to spot what you are looking for on Google and to access sites.
- Make it your own. Match your style and personality. Choose from our selection of wallpapers, or use one of your own pictures.
- We’ll keep you safe. If there is danger from a site, we’ll warn you; otherwise, we won’t bother you with technical details. Just enjoy the ride.
- You can quickly share stuff from the web, and make it more personal by adding a message. Sharing is caring.
- Browse smoothly even on slow networks, thanks to our Opera Turbo technology.
- Juggling several iOS devices? You can sync your Opera Coast data over iCloud between your iPhone and your iPad.
What's New in Version 5.02
Roses are red,
Opera Coast is black,
3D touch when you search
will keep bringing you back.
We’ve been squashing those bugs,
made For You look better,
all you need is your browser
for news, social, cat vids, whatever!
OK we suck at poems,
coding is our thing,
we hope you have fun on our browser,
Added 3D touch to search results
Improved article view and configuration of For You
Improved home screen UI for iPhone 4
* Smashed many bugs including: issues with Arabic language, history navigation, layout glitches and crashes
Why remove everything that makes a browser a browser?
I really don't get the point of this browser. I mean, it works and it's quite fast, but that's it. No customisation, no way to sync with desktop bookmarks even with my opera account. Who want's to start over with creating new "quick links" to all their sites? There's nothing quick about having to do everything over again from scratch. I can't even configure it to open a custom start page or to open a private window etc. This is basically the most basic browser on the market, what's supposed to be great about it? "A new way to surf the web?" Type or search for a page, what's new about that? Doesn't every browser in the world already do that?
I've used Coast for several years now. It is different from Safari---which I've never liked, and Chrome, which I use in my laptop. The differences make it far more suitable for mobile devices. It's fast and intuitive in design. Great browser. Very happy with it. I'd use it on my laptop, too, but it's not supported by my password program (yet?). If it ever is, I'll switch on that device too.
Nice browser, but details need refinement
While it's a unique browser, one thing that surely needs is the bottom bar to auto hide/disappear when the page is scrolled.. Safari is a good example at the moment... Browser needs to get out completely when a user is browsing the content...
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 09, 2016
- Version: 5.02
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Opera Software ASA
- © Opera Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.