Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download appoLearning to find the best educational apps for kids and high school-aged students handpicked by teachers and app experts. appoLearning showcases the five best educational apps across more than 150 different subjects.
There are thousands of educational apps created for the iPad, yet only a precious few are worth downloading. appoLearning lets parents know which educational apps they should encourage their kids to use, while also detailing the skills that are taught within each recommended application.
Here is how appoLearning helps parents discover and learn more about the best educational apps:
* The more than 150 subjects are categorized within four distinct age groups: Early Childhood, Elementary School, Middle School, High School.
* More than 750 educational apps are curated, evaluated and reviewed by a team of nearly 70 teachers, school administrators and app experts.
* Every app review includes a Report Card where apps are evaluated on a scale between 0 and 100. The apps with the highest scores in each subject are showcased.
* The Report Card is based on a proprietary rubric that evaluates multiple factors including Educational Content, Kid Appeal, Features and Design, Assessment, Safety and Privacy, and Value.
* Apps showcased support Common Core Standards for Math and English Language Arts.
* Daily articles are published from experts featuring news, analysis and reviews of brand new releases.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
* NEW: Community Picks - find out what the appoLearning community thinks are the best educational apps.
* Bug fixes
Good Educator Resource, but Constantly Crashes
This is a good resource for lists of top 5 Apps for various educational levels, further subcategorized by subject and concept. Many great ideas are also shared by others in their own favorite App lists. The continuous crashes are VERY frustrating. I relaunched the App more than 50 times as I browsed the lists to find as many helpful Education Apps that I could. Most people, I believe, would not be so patient and would simply delete the App.
May have useful information but cannot tell because it crashes every time I try to use it.
Crashes all the time :-(
March of 2014 was the first complaint of crashing, it is now November of 2015 and it still crashes!!!!!!