Created with the NHS and the UK's Department of Health, The Walk helps you walk more, every single day. When you’re playing The Walk, every step counts.
A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you’re given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you’ll need to walk the length of the UK. The Walk is more than just a great pedometer/step counter — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.
Made by Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, creators of the world’s most popular running game with over 5 million players, Zombies, Run!
ENGADGET - “Simple, fun, effective.”
JOYSTIQ - "Spices up your step-tracking with some danger and intrigue.”
BBC NEWS - “Encourages users to walk 10,000 steps-a-day to help improve their health”
LIFEHACKER - “You're motivated to actually get up and move around so you can progress further into the story, and it works really well.”
AWESOME ACTIVITY TRACKER
Just put your phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll track every walk and run you take — and map it, too!
You’ll walk the length of the UK while evading capture by the police and enemy agents. Can you work out who set off that bomb in the first place and what their plan is? Get ready for an epic adventure across 65 episodes, 800 minutes of audio, and hundreds of miles.
Get rewarded for walking more by collecting clues, scanning for information, and unlocking achievements.
The Walk adjusts its difficulty based on individual fitness levels. Everyone’s different, and we make sure we give you the right level of challenge!
Comes with the first five episodes and challenges for free, with the remaining 60 unlockable for a single, one-time in-app purchase.
- Requires iOS 10.3
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. The Walk uses your phone’s accelerometer to measure your movement, and primarily uses wifi and cell towers to track location. The Walk is designed to use GPS sparingly and should have little to no impact on your battery.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thewalkgame
Join our mailing list: http://www.thewalkgame.com
This is The Walk Remastered, with all-new graphics, interface, maps, activity-tracking, sharing options, and iPhone X support!
We've made The Walk free-to-download so it can be enjoyed by more people, with the first five Episodes and Challenges available for free, and the remainder available for a one-time in-app purchase. But if you bought the app in the past, good news - you get everything for free! Just ensure that you're signed into the App Store with the same iTunes account you originally bought The Walk with, and you're all set.
- 2.0.3 includes a fix for a bug that was preventing content unlocking for past purchasers.
Enjoying The Walk? Please rate and review us in the App Store - it really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Warning : you must pay $5 to finish the rest
I really enjoy this app. I haven't found it to be buggy at all (with one exception that I'll mention later). The voice acting is really impressive and the story is very well done. I love how immersive it is - you really feel like you're in the story if you have headphones in due to the attention to detail (footsteps fading away, someone's voice getting faint as they walk away, background conversation).
I do want to warn you that after you've played a few episodes (3 or 4) you must pay $5 to continue. I find this frustrating as there was no indication that the app wasn't free before that, however I think that for the amount of work they must have put into it the money was well worth it. I am annoyed that the "please pay" prompt prevented me from listening to the final sound clips of the previous episode, so I'm missing some important details and I can't go back. Overall, a very good app and I've already recommended it to a few people.
Current version too buggy
I'm enjoying the story, and wanting to find out the next part does encourage me to walk a little more (for example if I see I'm only 5 minutes away from the next story segment, I will get up and walk around the house until I get it) than I would have ordinarily. But the app is pretty buggy (I'm using iPhone 6S, iOS 9.3.2 currently but it has been this way for the last few iterations of iOS 9). My main issue is, that after opening the app about 3 times, on the 3rd try, the animations slow down drastically and are choppy, and the app is very slow to respond to touch screen input. Killing the app and restarting it does take care of it, but it gets annoying pretty fast. Also, restarting the app remembers my current place in the map but it resets the arrow/path chooser so several times I accidentally ended up on the shorter path and missed out on the collectible.
Overall I enjoy this app, but wish it would be updated to fix the lagging issue.
Awful customer supprt for buggy app
Like others, I am having issues with this game involving activity tracking. Sometimes it works OK and other times it will hardly track at all. I have had this game for some time but haven't used it in about a year so I remember it working much better in the past.
I contacted Customer No-Service and gave them many details, even the fact that it doesn't even track equally on 2 different devices. As well as not getting notifications from the app as I should.
After several e-mails with as many details I could come up with to help them track the bugs, they finally replied with "So you're aware, The Walk has been specifically designed to be a pedometer, not an activity tracker. Because of this it will only detect walking movement, not any more general movement you do during the day." And a very long list of how I had to be doing it all wrong and how I didn't understand how a pedometer/iphone accelerometer worked so I wasn't using the app correctly.
I sent them back an email addressing every one of their points on Saturday and today added a note that they should read the reviews on iTunes. I can't believe every one of us is so stupid we can't figure it out. If they get back to me with a better thought out response, even a "wow, we didn't know it was this bad" then I will give this app another star. If they get it fixed and I get an apology from them, then it will get more.
- Six to Start
- 310.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Six to Start
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.