Update: Has now featured in "Best New Games" and "What We're Playing" in the app store!
One man's junk is another man's galactic battleship...
In this addictive arcade-style twin stick space shooter, you (a disgruntled waste collector) salvage the debris from each round of your destructive rampage to piece by piece transform your humble space-garbage-truck into a starship worthy of your cause.
Build increasingly better ships to unleash powerful weapons and gadgetry -- lasers, giant ball-and-chains, anti-gravity orbs, heat seeking missiles, magnets, freeze rays and more -- against endless waves of enemies and huge, modular bosses.
You'll never survive. But if you're going down, you're taking as many of them with you as you can. See how long you can continue the anarchy!
4.5/5 -- TouchArcade.com
#1 Paid App (Dec 11th, 2013)
"...you'll find this game incredibly rewarding. There's a bit of an art to playing this game well, and that's something that doesn't come along terribly often"
Editor's Choice, TouchGen.net
"...an incredibly fun hectic romp in space where you smash, shoot and laser anything that moves ... a game well worth sinking your time and money into"
4/5 -- 148apps.com
"Starborn Anarkist is the perfect example of classic arcade game goodness, with a sprinkling of zany madness."
9/10 -- Gamereactor.dk
"When I first turned on the game, it ate up four hours of my evening. Starborn Anarkist is simply a small mobile-pearl." [translated]
Voted Game of the Week by TouchArcade members
- fixed mute problem on iOS 11.3 onwards
- new methods for getting one-off bonuses
- info on the kickstarter for our new game: Uncaged!
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good I guess
Some of the weapons are pretty useless, like the ball and chain.
After playing through for a bit you get better and better weapons, it’s got a good system for getting parts; blowing up bosses.
The upgrades/weapon switching mechanic is mediocre. Every time you switch, the weapons are shields you have are dropped to the lowest level and you have to rebuild all that power, but you’ll eventually run into a different weapon type by accident, again resetting your power.
I think a good way to fix that would be to, instead of resetting your power to 1, every time you switch, the power goes down by one. Or something to that effect. Of course you’d have to build up the powers separately.
Overall it’s fun and it’s kept me engaged for over a week —despite its problems.
Jeeeez. Best game ever!!!
You start out with a clunky ship but as you find ship parts you upgrade constantly until you are a killing machine. Extremely addictive to try out each weapon and combinations of weapons to find the ultimate layout.
I've finally unlocked the final mode that allows you to use the entire grid to build a monster ship...
Worth far more than they are asking... I was late to the party but thank goodness I didn't miss it. Really well done game... Congrats to the devs. Should have been promoted as apples game of the week (or month!)
Rare great game
This is a well-balanced, well-crafted game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It is easy to pick up and play but deep enough that the hours will just fly by. The customization available for your ship is impressive. It's an intuitive system but not everything is immediately apparent. It took me a while to figure out the red shields repel bullets and missiles but do little to stop lasers. Fans of the original Star Control will appreciate the top-down perspective, inertia based controls, and large variety of ships.
- ZeMind Game Studio Ltd
- 93.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © ZeMind Game Studio Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 2,000,000 credits $4.99
- 250,000 credits $0.99
- Unlock All Bonuses $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.