By Camouflaj LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Episode 2: Metamorphosis” and “Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes” now available in app.
Developed over five years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R.), RÉPUBLIQUE is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.
• POLYGON - "A must-play experience in 2014."
• IGN - "Special, new, and necessary."
• TOUCH ARCADE (5/5) - "Shaping up to be a masterpiece."
• WINNER - “Excellence in Storytelling,” International Mobile Game Awards
• THE WASHINGTON POST - "Sets a new benchmark for mobile game quality."
You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes.
• One Touch stealth action gameplay
• Immersive puzzles and strategic choices
• Innovative, interactive developer commentary (in-app purchase)
• Fully translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
• Incredible voiceover performances, starring:
o Rena Strober
o David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)
o Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)
o Dwight Schultz (killer7, Star Trek)
o Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)
République’s critically acclaimed story continues with "Episode 2: Metamorphosis":
• Metamorphosis Library: A stunning new environment that pushes iOS to the limit
• Three Mind-Bending Puzzles: Featuring a collaboration with Kostya Stankevych, creator of Blueprint 3D
• 3D Map: One of the most requested features come to life, enabled for both EP1 and EP2
• ARC Prizrak: New guard type with protective armor and randomized patrols to keep you on your toes
• New OMNI Abilities: Unlock voyeuristic abilities allowing the visualization of Prizrak through walls and their patrol routes
• Improved Performance: Optimized performance gains from Unity 4.5 (most notable on iPhone 4, iPad mini and iPad 2)
• Video Documentary Part 3: A candid look at the development of Episode 2, a free download for Season Pass owners
République’s biggest and most story-driven episode yet, "Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes":
• Longest episode yet
• Stunning new environments
• Strategic new weapon (Sleepyheads)
• New Prizrak variations (VISR, Ambassadors)
• Innovative, multitier new puzzle (The Morning Bell)
• New OMNI Abilities : Delay guard patrols, visualize enemies on map
• Video documentary: A detailed look into the development of Episode 3, free for Season Pass holders (in-app purchase)
• Episode 2 required to purchase and play Episode 3
• Not optimized for iPhone 4
• Close all running apps to improve performance and stability
What's New in Version 3.1.1
République’s biggest episode yet, “Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes” available now.
· Fixed iCloud syncing.
This game is the best in its genre. If you like games that rely on you ability to creatively avoid enemy detection then you'll enjoy this game. Each Chapter is infused with a sense of urgency, malevolence, and mystery (and just enough comic relief to help ease the pacing of the narrative) that only gets better and more intense with each Chapter. The graphics are impressive, the controls are intuitive and cleanly implemented, and the storyline is incredible.
I've personally never experienced crashing or loss of data even when playing on an 32GB, wifi only iPad 3 (30-pin w/Retina). I've never had episode download problems either. However, these sorts of problems are difficult to account for since they often are related to the unique configuration of the individual device. Regardless, this game is well worth the expense and the frustration of any bugs. It is actively developed so I'm sure solutions to any bugs will eventually be solved.
Would be 5 stars if it weren’t so ridiculously bug-ridden to be unplayable.
OK, I’ve played through Episode 1 more than twice already because the game keeps resetting my progress back to 0% every time I complete it. It will not let me download episodes 2 or 3 even though I purchased the season pass. I really like this game, it’s definitely the best of it’s kind on the app store, but until they fix all the show-stopper bugs, don’t bother. At this point I guess I’ll wait until all 5 episodes are released before I bother trying again, Maybe by then they will have worked all the bugs out. Unfortunately it also looks like e-mails to Camouflaj support go into a black-hole and there is no official support forum.
Oh and another thing… why is this taking so long to get all the episodes released? I realize it takes time to make a quality product but by the time the 5th episode is release, it will be pretty much 2 years to get the whole game out the door. Wouldn’t be too bad if I didn’t have to keep restarting from scratch every time.
Hey Camouflaj… FIX YOUR GAME and OFFER PROPER SUPPORT FOR IT.
5 star game, 1 star bugs. Come on, Camoflaj.
I read through the reviews, and I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing so many issues. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game to death, and I think all of the hard workers at Camoflaj deserve accolades. It's gorgeously made, and the plot is awesome. That being said, there are so many whack things going on that can make a person like me, who has been onboard with this game from the very beginning, want to delete it in a heartbeat.
Camoflaj. Guys. What is with every update deleting old files? As much as I love the 3 episodes that are out, I really don't want to have to play through them every time.
Also, us season pass holders are getting a little squirrelly. Any updates on when the next few episodes will come out? It's been quite a while, and I'm really excited for the story to progress...
Also, I know I said this already, but having some sort of Save Game button and screen would be very very helpful. Overall, this is a five star game with 1 bug fixes.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 1.10 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Camouflaj LLC
- © 2014 Camouflaj LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Season Pass [Episodes 2-5]$14.99
- [Season Pass] Episode 2: MetamorphosisFree
- Episode 2: Metamorphosis$4.99
- [Season Pass] Episode 3: Ones & ZeroesFree
- Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes$4.99
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 0Free
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 1Free
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 2Free
- Season Pass [Episodes 3-5]$11.99
- Documentary Part 1$0.99