ABC Ninja - The Alphabet Letters and Phonics Slicing Game for Kids
By Innovative Mobile Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Special 50% Limited Period Discount - Enjoy The Delightful Offer! ***
"A great way to give parents a break and let your kid have fun and learn at the same time." - Jen, Kindergarten teacher and mom of three.
I have a confession to make. My son's favorite game was Fruit Ninja and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on a fun but mindless game while he was still struggling to master his letters.
So I decided to create our very own ABC letters slicing game and to my and my son's delight, he now has a new favorite game where he is having fun and learning at the same time.
My sons skills in letter recognition have dramatically improved since he started playing this game and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Warning: Your child will keep begging for your iPhone or iPad after they try this app.
ABC Ninja is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn their letters by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app.
• Slice your way through all capital letters by name or phonic sounds
• Slice your way through all lower case letters by name or phonic sounds
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic game play adjusts difficulty (the number of letters) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• Supports 3 difficulty settings: EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD
- Max 1 Letter
- Letters move very slowly
- Great for introducing letters
- Starts with 1 letter
- Max of 3 letters on screen
- Letters move 30% faster
- Starts with 2 letters
- Max of 5 letters on screen
- Letters move even faster
- Letters rotate faster too
Adjust difficulty from settings page.
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and slice the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the desired question)
• Play letters from A to Z or in random order (adjustable from settings page)
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and touch
• Want to work on just a few letters? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual letters on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the category and record your own letter sounds
• Supports three levels of difficulty
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0
• Updated difficulty of easy, medium, and hard
• New easy mode only shows one item to help with letters learning for those that are just getting started
• Added ability to customize audios
Excellent for letter recognition!
This is super for letter recognition, what a fun way to practice this skill- I LOVE how it shows exactly which letters the child got correct and which were missed (although of course errors could simply indicate the child needs to work on fine motor skills too!) I love the ability to change between easy, medium or hard for game settings. I also am having the same issue others have had with the phonics options- no matter what I do they won't play. I can get into the settings where the phonics sounds are recorded, but even though they are turned to "on", when I go to press play, the game only announces letter names.
good but could be better
My 5 year old grandson is having so much trouble just getting his letters. I thought this would be a good tool to get him going. It would be, except he thinks slashing any letter is fine since he doesn't notice any negative reinforcement for hitting the wrong letters. There's a little different sound and color but the letter still looks like its being slashed, and that's all he's looking for. Please modify the game so there is at least the option available that nothing happens when the wrong letter is slashed. It would be so much better for these hard learners.
I'm a first grade teacher and this game is great for kids who know most letters. It would be wonderful in the classroom if I could make accounts for specific kids so that they can practice only the letters they know rather than only being able to program one setting.
Also, it can be a little confusing. It would be better if they were only looking for a specific letter rather than them shouting out different letters throughout.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 01, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Mobile Apps Ltd
- © Alligator Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.