Assassin's Creed IV® Black Flag Companion
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Elevate your Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag experience with this unique companion app. Turn your tablet device into a second screen that provides you with features that further immerse you into this Caribbean world.
PLEASE NOTE: To get the most out of your app, you will need to sync with your copy of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on your gaming platform.
*** Assassin's Creed IV's companion app is pretty rad – Destructoid
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag’s Companion is an indispensable tool for all would-be pirate captains. It acts like your very own quartermaster, so that you will never need to break the immersion and flow of gameplay by pausing the game to navigate through certain menus. You are now free to fully concentrate on the job at hand - to gain wealth and infamy on the high seas and in exotic cities.
Login with Uplay to fully enjoy the following features:
INTERACTIVE WORLD MAP
More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It’s also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience, your friend can be your quartermaster.
You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.
All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.
Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.
Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.
This app is optimized for iPhone 4S.
• Kenway’s Fleet, the Animus Database and real time updated information require an internet connection to function correctly.
• The application requires a Uplay account to synchronize your game data.
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Companion is compatible with PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Some Features Need To Be Added...
1. Push notifications need to be added. With all of the notifications in the menu, it would be an important part of the app, such as knowing when ships have completed missions in Kenway's fleet.
2. Bugs: I get notifications when there seem to be none (in the hot topics section). Audio does not play sometimes (such as shanties).
3. In the game there are subtitles in audio files (such as subject 17 files). This feature needs to be added
to the app.
4. All features from "captain's quarters" need to be added, such as customizing Kenway's gear (pistols and swords) and customizing the Jackdaw (Kenway's ship).
5. In the map section during gameplay, one needs to be able to set a marker, like in the game's map (setting a destination). This would be a very convenient second screen feature.
Otherwise, this is a great app and a must have if an average player has any hope of controlling Kenway's fleet.
Excellent addition to the game
The map feature is cool, but the ability to conduct fleet naval missions is the real gem. This allows you to run naval missions (make money) anywhere you may be with your mobile device. It was nice to occasionally check on these throughout the day, while at work, and then get into the game in the evening and collect my reales. This also meant that I could spend more console time playing AC4 and leave the fleet stuff for when I was away. The fleet interface is nearly identical to the in-game version, making the integration seamless. So many game-related apps are a huge waste of time, this is not one of them. Ubisoft hit the mark on this one.
I like the app a lot, but there are a couple of things that could have been better designed/implemented.
The interface is too small which is especially evident while using the map.
The shanties are great and I love that you can listen to them, however I can only listen to them while using headphones so I can't really play them for friends when I'm out and about since I don't carry headphones around.
The other problem with the shanties is that I can't listen to them over Bluetooth. It only plays while I have something playing on the iTunes music app. Shanties aren't so good as background singers to the music I have on my iPhone.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 169 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Ubisoft
- © 2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Black Flag, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.