Perfect Weather - NOAA Radar, Forecast, and Severe Weather Alerts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Perfect Weather […] provides a wealth of information in one simple screen that can help you plan hours or days ahead. It's also a well-designed app that's easy to navigate and doesn't require a lot of fuss to get to the information that matters the most.” – Dan Seifert, The Verge
A beautifully balanced view of the weather. Perfect Weather was designed for use in the United States.
Some weather apps are overloaded with information. Others are designed to be pretty rather than useful. Perfect Weather strikes the right balance. It gives you a quick, clear overview of the conditions you care most about.
All the weather info you need at a glance:
• 7 day forecast
• Weather maps with radar and clouds
• Detailed current conditions
• Temperature chart with hourly forecast pop-up
• Notification Center widget
Clear interface that’s easy to use:
• See temperatures in all locations at once
• Switch quickly between locations
• View and share severe weather alerts
• Share animated weather map as a GIF
More advanced apps still have their place, if you want to see a drought map or some other technical data, but Perfect Weather provides a quick, clear look at the most important stuff.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Notification Center widget
- Animated weather maps load MUCH faster
- Additional enhancements and bug fixes
* Due to changes to the way background refresh works in iOS 8, we were forced to remove the temperature badge on the icon. We wish there was a way around this, but the badge was updated so infrequently on iOS 8 that it made the feature useless.
If you like Perfect Weather, please take a moment to leave a review in the App Store, those reviews really help! If you have issues or feedback please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! (+ bug + feature request)
I was afraid the 6/6+ support and a widget would never happen; glad to see my fears were misplaced!
However, I encountered a bug when first opening the updated app: My cities had all disappeared! I was forced me to re-add them. (Perhaps related to the new screen size support?) Not a deal-breaker, but frustrating, nonetheless.
Also, it occurs to me now that I frequently find myself wanting to display the current conditions (top) pane AND the one-day info (middle) pane—WITHOUT being forced to display the extended forecast (bottom) pane. Unfortunately, the way the app is currently designed, that appears to be impossible. But perhaps there could be a way to make the choice of which info is in middle and bottom panes a user-defined preference? Or, better yet, an option to allow users to open/close each individual pane as desired with a pinch (or a slide?), instead of an accordion-fold between all panes at once.
Other than that, I still like this app and look forward to using it once again!
(And the obsessive/compulsive part of me says "Good riddance!" to the temperature badge; not only was it seldom accurate, but it partially obscured the degree symbol on the app icon.)
Still great, but perfect??
Ok the update did wipe my saved cities... Sigh. And I also could not find a current location when I tried to add.....but if you remove the app and reinstall, viola! Current location is back and you can add multiple locations like before... So not clean, but good to know. My only gripe is. no iPad version, so only 4 out of 5 stars ( it will run on iPad , but the icon is not present...on only get a white icon)
Issues with new version
Love the app but the new version has two problems:
1. The current location feature is missing
2. The notification center widget caused my phone to lock up and reboot several times over. When this happened the widget display was missing on the left hand side (iPhone 5S, iOS 8.4).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Contrast Apps LLC
- © Contrast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.