Reading Train Learn To Read Books, Songs & Games- Free
By The Learning Station
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A growing library of 200+ engaging picture books that beginning readers can read and record all by themselves.
Grand Prize Winner of the 2015 Technology and Reading Award, International Literacy Association.
24 books, 18 songbooks and dictionary available for FREE. Access the whole library + new books for $1.99/month; 6.99 for 6 months or 9.99 for a year!
Complete reading curriculum from pre-reading to reading independence; building skills, self confidence, vocabulary and a love of reading.
"Beautifully designed storybooks and related games that teach foundational reading": Appolicious.com
"A vast selection of mini books to help kids reach reading independence" Geeks With Juniors.
Safe for Kids: The Learning Station is a Proud Member of Moms With Apps and the Know What's Inside Program.
Kid tested and parent/teacher approved. We are ad-free and take our users privacy seriously.
* Listen, read and record books at 3 different beginning reading levels.
* Professional narration: American English. All books can be recorded by users.
* Play the train game after every book.
* 450+ word integrated dictionary
*18 free song books
* Unlimited user accounts
* Powerful reporting tools
Books Kids CAN Read.
Written by Libby Curran, a People Magazine Teacher of the Year, these fun little books are field tested in real classrooms to get kids started on the path to reading independence.
Books Kids LOVE to Read.
Leveled books on numbers, colors, animals, shapes, and science help build the foundational knowledge kids need to succeed in school. After reading, play the train quiz game, explore the FREE audio dictionary and listen to song books.
Give Kids the Tools to Succeed.
Stuck on a word? Tap and hold to hear every word and access the built in dictionary filled with 100s of words. The Reading Train is packed full of tools to help children succeed, all on their own.
Read To Learn- Meets Common Core Standards
Kids choose funny fiction and fascinating nonfiction on kid-friendly topics to build background knowledge while improving reading comprehension and foundational skills.
Quizzes Disguised as Games.
Play the train game after finishing every book. Check progress on the parent's page which shows books read and recorded and detailed scores on the quizzes.
Packed With FREE Goodies!
Our free version has 200+ pages of free content and unlimited access to the music store and the built-in picture dictionary with kid-friendly spoken definitions.
The Right Team for the Job
The Reading Train is the culmination of 30+ years of teaching experience. Backed by an all-star team of teachers turned iOS developers and a professional children's musician, The Reading Train is serious about making learning fun.
Keep in Touch
We welcome your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Libby with suggestions about books at: email@example.com
How The Reading Train Works
* Free users can read/listen/record all of the books in the free sections, play the game, use the dictionary, and listen to the song books.
* Subscribers get access to all 200+ books, with new books added regularly.
* To access our entire library of books, choose a monthly recurring subscription for $1.99/one month; $6.99/six months; 9.99/twelve months.
* The service can be shared with additional iPads you own.
* Your subscription is for your iTunes account and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase (subscribing is optional and in a parent-only section of the app).
* Your subscription will automatically renew the plan you selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* You may turn off auto-renewal any time from your iTunes account settings.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
* Not compatible with iPad 1.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
2 new books! "We Like Ice Cream" Level 2 and Level 3. New dictionary images.
Lovely app for the curious young reader
The magic of this app is that it uses focus to great effect. This app was created by people who understand education! It presents the user with a non-distracting, *focused* view into language. Does your young learner get confused by pictures, words and other “junk” cluttering up what they're supposed to learn? I think everyone does, and this app is the answer. A focused view on the word, pronunciations and definitions. None of the other junk.
Also, there are trains and vehicles and original books. Seems hard to go wrong with this app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 368 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: The Learning Station, LLC
- © The Learning Station, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Reading Train$1.99
- The Reading Train$9.99
- The Reading Train$6.99