Reading Train: Free Children's Books, Songs and Games
By The Learning Station
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 150 beginner books that teach kids how to read. Try it today for FREE!
Created by Libby Curran, a People Magazine Teacher of the Year, The Reading Train features:
*Groundbreaking quiz game
*400+ word audio dictionary
*15 free song books
*Powerful student reporting tools
Books kids CAN read.
Written by award winning teacher, Libby Curran, these little books are written to get kids reading for fun and information, right from the start.
Books kids LOVE to read.
Children are naturally curious, so encourage them to explore our leveled books on numbers, colors, animals, geometry, and science that will give them the foundational knowledge they need to succeed in school. After reading stories they can play the train quiz game, explore the FREE audio dictionary and listen to song books.
Give your kids the tools to succeed.
Stuck on a word? With tap to listen functionality, an audio dictionary filled with hundreds of words, and a fun game at the end of every book to assess learning, The Reading Train is packed full of tools to help children succeed, all on their own.
Read to learn
Kids read through leveled books on numbers, colors, animals, geometry, and science to build background knowledge, while improving reading comprehension and foundational skills that prepare students for Common Core standards.
Quizzes disguised as games.
Play the train game after finishing a book, but don't tell them it's a quiz! On the parent's page you can check up on their progress by seeing their scores on the quizzes, question types and the individual books themselves.
Packed with FREE goodies!
Our free version has 100+ pages of free content and unlimited access to our premium illustrated dictionary with audio definitions.
The right team for the job
Created by Libby Curran, a People Magazine Teacher of the Year, The Reading Train is the culmination of 30+ years of teaching experience. Backed by an all-star team of teachers turned iOS developers and a professional children's musician, The Reading Train is serious about making learning fun.
Safe for Kids
Kid tested and teacher approved. We are ad free and take our users privacy seriously.
Keep in touch
We welcome your feedback, to keep up with all things Reading Train check out:
How The Reading Train Works
* Free users can read/listen/record all of the books in the free sections, play the game, use the dictionary, and listen to the song books.
* Subscribers get access to all 150+ books, with new books added every month.
* Our new books will expand on existing subjects and cover new subjects.
* We welcome suggestions on future books and curriculum. Contact Libby with suggestions about new content at: Libby@readingtrain.co
* To access our entire library of books, choose either a monthly recurring subscription for $1.99, a six month recurring subscription for $7.99, or a 12 month recurring subscription for $14.99.
* The service can be shared with additional iPads you own.
* Your subscription is for your iTunes account and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase (subscribing is optional and in a parent-only section of the app)
* Your subscription will automatically renew the plan you selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* You may turn off auto-renewal any time from your iTunes account settings.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.0.9
Added new books!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 09, 2014
- Version: 1.0.9
- Size: 199 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: The Learning Station, LLC
- © The Learning Station, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Reading Train$1.99
- The Reading Train$14.99
- The Reading Train$7.99