The Reading Train
By The Learning Station
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A growing library of 200+ engaging picture books that beginning readers can read and record all by themselves.
Complete reading curriculum from pre-reading to reading independence; building skills, self confidence, vocabulary and a love of reading.
10 books, 18 songbooks and dictionary available for FREE. Access the whole library plus new books for $1.99/month; 6.99 for 6 months or 9.99 for a year!
"Beautifully designed storybooks and related games that teach foundational reading": Appolicious.com
"A vast selection of mini books to help kids reach reading independence" Geeks With Juniors.
Safe for Kids: The Learning Station is a Proud Member of Moms With Apps and the Know What's Inside Program.
Kid tested and parent/teacher approved. We are ad-free and take our users privacy seriously.
* Listen, read and record books at 3 different beginning reading levels.
* Professional narration: American English. All books can be recorded by users.
* Play the train game after every book.
* 450+ word integrated dictionary
*18 free song books
* Unlimited user accounts
* Powerful reporting tools
Books Kids CAN Read.
Written by Libby Curran, a People Magazine Teacher of the Year, these fun little books are field tested in real classrooms to get kids started on the path to reading independence.
Books Kids LOVE to Read.
Leveled books on numbers, colors, animals, shapes, and science help build the foundational knowledge kids need to succeed in school. After reading, play the train quiz game, explore the FREE audio dictionary and listen to song books.
Give Kids the Tools to Succeed.
Stuck on a word? Tap and hold to hear every word and access the built in dictionary filled with 100s of words. The Reading Train is packed full of tools to help children succeed, all on their own.
Read To Learn- Meets Common Core Standards
Kids choose funny fiction and fascinating nonfiction on kid-friendly topics to build background knowledge while improving reading comprehension and foundational skills.
Quizzes Disguised as Games.
Play the train game after finishing every book, but don't tell them it's a quiz! Check progress on the parent's page which shows books read and recorded and detailed scores on the quizzes.
Packed With FREE Goodies!
Our free version has 100+ pages of free content and unlimited access to a built-in picture dictionary with kid-friendly spoken definitions.
The Right Team for the Job
The Reading Train is the culmination of 30+ years of teaching experience. Backed by an all-star team of teachers turned iOS developers and a professional children's musician, The Reading Train is serious about making learning fun.
Keep in Touch
We welcome your feedback: email@example.com
Contact Libby with suggestions about books at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How The Reading Train Works
* Free users can read/listen/record all of the books in the free sections, play the game, use the dictionary, and listen to the song books.
* Subscribers get access to all 200+ books, with new books added regularly.
* To access our entire library of books, choose a monthly recurring subscription for $1.99/one month; $6.99/six months; 9.99/twelve months.
* The service can be shared with additional iPads you own.
* Your subscription is for your iTunes account and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase (subscribing is optional and in a parent-only section of the app)
* Your subscription will automatically renew the plan you selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* You may turn off auto-renewal any time from your iTunes account settings.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
* Not compatible with iPad 1. Requires iOS 7 or higher.
What's New in Version 1.0.13
Lots of new books! Solid Shapes, Cubes Have 6 Faces (Shapes Unit); Which One is Alive? (Life Science); Will it Move? and Will it Sink (Physical Science); Colors in the Fall (Earth and Space); Improvements to the User Interface, including personalized bookshelf and winning the next book in the series; preview video.
Best reading app for beginners
Wow! The Reading Train is hands-down the favorite of my 5 to 7 year old students. This app has everything they need to develop from pre-readers to self confident, independent readers. Kids can get started right away with reading real books. The books are very simple, fun and informative with lots of interesting topics to choose from. There are 3 beginning reading levels so it is easy to find just right books for every child. Kids love to record themselves reading which is a great way for me to assess their reading progress. Every word can be touched to hear it spoken and I love the built in dictionary where kids can hear and see definitions of hundreds of words and build their background knowledge. The train game lets kids practice phonics, spelling and even tests comprehension as kids have to pick items for a category related to the book they just read. My kids love earning coins to spend in the music shop where they can sing along with familiar and new children's songs. I subscribed for a year for just 9.99 which is incredible value as I know we will be using this app every day!
I am an SLP and love this app!
I am a speech language pathologist (SLP) always looking for ways to make literacy activities fun for the young kiddos and this app totally rocks! Unlocking new books and earning coins to hear or sign along/record songs is going to be a big hit with my clients. I've already had so much fun with this app. So incredible to see there are quality apps out there these days!
Sight words and reading
I'm a kindergarten teacher and I love the many sight words used within the story line! Plus the vocabulary words with definitions is perfect for language acquisition for toddlers, pre-schoolers, and kinder's! Thank you!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 1.0.13
- Size: 209 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: The Learning Station, LLC
- © The Learning Station, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Reading Train$1.99
- The Reading Train$6.99
- The Reading Train$9.99