The Pirate Princess ~ 3D Interactive Pop-up Book
By StoryToys Entertainment Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of the Editor's Choice Award, Children's Technology Review *
Aha me hearties! Ready for a swashbuckling adventure? When Isabel the Princess goes to a party dressed as a pirate, she starts on an incredible, action-packed adventure filled with pirate galleons, fearsome monsters and fruit-flinging monkeys. Release your inner pirate with adventurous mini-games: piece together treasure maps, dance a pirate jig, then show off your sword skills with some fancy pirate fightin’!
Yo, ho ho and a bottle of rum! There’s puzzles to solve and laughs along the way. Will the Princess escape from the scoundrel Captain Peg? What’s the secret pirate recipe? And just who is this Strangebeard anyway?
- Complete the games, puzzles and challenges and use your pirate skills to win badges!
- Island Explorer: Avoid mines and monsters as you hunt for treasure on the high seas.
- Dance Star: Yarr! Learn some pirate dance steps at the Scallywag Inn.
- Cliff Climber: Escape from jail by climbing down a treacherous cliff. Don’t look down!
- Swashbuckler. Ahoy Matey! Fight off a swarm of cheeky monkeys.
- Map Magician: Piece together the shredded treasure maps!
- Monster Masher. Battle the biggest sea monster you've ever seen!
- Full 3D experience. Shiver me timbers, it’s just like a real book!
- A treasure trove of 9 mini-games set in amazing 3D pop-up scenes
- Stunning illustrations with colors a pirate’s parrot would envy
- Fully narrated in English, French, German and Spanish by professional scallywags from around the world
- Read to Me, Read it Myself, and Autoplay modes
- 36 pages of beautifully-presented story text and illustrations
- Featuring a rip-roaring musical score and hilarious sound effects
Go to storytoys.com to watch a short video of the app.
"StoryToys has near-brilliantly rethought children's books. This application evolves the very concept of what a story can be."
~ Jeremy Horowitz, iLounge
“Every page keeps the reader wanting more. The interactivity of the pop-up pages is superb.”
~ Leanne McGinty, Ahgoo Review
“Now THIS is what I call an app!! My jaw dropped when I started reading this interactive book.”
~ Sylvia Duckworth, French Apps for kids
“Stunning. If I had to sum up this app in one word it would absolutely be stunning.”
~ Danielle Smith, TheresABook.com
• Kidscreen 2016 Award
• Winner of the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award, 2015
• 11 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards
• 2 iLounge awards for best kids’ app
• 2 Mom’s Choice gold awards
• Mom’s Choice Silver award
• Shortlist nominations for the FutureBook Digital Innovation Award
• Best Kids’ App Ever winner
• Longlisted for the DBW Publishing innovation award
• 9 Tech With Kids Best Pick App Awards
RATE OUR APP!
It would mean a lot to us if you would consider reviewing or rating this app, we’d love to hear what you think!
STAY IN TOUCH!
Stay in touch to hear about new releases and promotions:
- Visit us: storytoys.com
- Email us: For any technical issues please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/StoryToys
- Follow us on Twitter: @StoryToys
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Bug fixes and optimisations
Most Content Locked Behind Paywall
I recently bought a bunch of apps for my kids for a long plane trip, out of the 10 or so this is the worst and she hates it. The story and games are fine, nothing amazing, but what bugs me is that 3/4 of the content is locked behind a paywall. For all the games they literally give you access to 3-4 things then the list of locked content goes on and on. I find this type of business practice insulting and this is the last product I buy from StoryToys. I may be more forgiving if the price was cheaper, but this feels like a free app with in-app purchases. The base content is NOT enough to justify the price tag.
A pirate reads one page, then your kid needs to navigate him through hard to see waves while he can be hit by them one after the other, and a smoke screen after being hit that remains too long, making you get hit again. Hard for adults, impossible for young kids.
In app purchases after paying so much to buy it
The unlocked features are way too scarce for the cost.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 14, 2014
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 119 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock ALL NowFree
- Jigsaw PackFree
- 3D StickerbookFree