Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.4
- Drafts! While adding a new event or reminder, swipe down on the red header and it will save as a draft. Now you can browse your schedule, add another new event or reminder, or resume your draft at any time!
- Full support for Japanese, including natural language event and reminder creation
- Accessibility improvements
- Time zone override setting is now respected for Apple Watch app
- Snooze notification improvements for Apple Watch app
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Especially for dictation
Fantastical will do all the things the native calendar app will do. But where it excels is voice entries. The only downside to this feature is that you have to open the app to dictate directly to fantastical. But Siri will add your appointment to the native app and Fantastical will pick it up right away.
The great weakness is the lack of a day-view calendar. Using swipes to switch views to days rather than just toggle month or week view is an obvious improvement that really should've been made along time ago.
Fully-featured calendar application
I finally switched from Sunrise Calendar due to the great reviews and good reputation surrounding Fantastical. I was hesitant about the high price tag at first; but after using the app for a while, I have noticed that this app truly deserves the premium price tag. It just has so many features that other apps lack. Also, the app is frequently updated with bug fixes and new features!
Recent update: drafts is absolutely fantastic (hehe)! Flexibits never fails to amaze me!
The Best from the Get-go
I've been a Fantastical user for years, starting with the Mac version. I use it on my iPad and my iPhone daily and have done so since it first came out for iOS. I just love it. I was first drawn to it for its natural language support. And the list-focused presentation suits me.
I've tried to stray many times, because I'm relentlessly searching for the very best tools, but I keep coming back to Fantastical. For my needs and preferences, nothing else checks all the boxes.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.