Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 40% OFF - FOR A LIMITED TIME ***
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more!
"Great iOS update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop
• Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.7.5
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Latest update will kill your battery
Latest update forces you to allow access to your location at all times even when you're not using the application. Please give me the option to allow location services while I'm using the app as opposed to making it either always or never.
The functionality is superior to the native iPhone application. However, for the price it could certainly be improved upon. For one thing it currently lacks a widget for notification Center. You also cannot customize the color of the app and it is a rather loud red. The icon is not only visually unappealing yet it does not even display the day and date clearly as the native app does. You have to resort to using a badge to give you the day and as noted it does not look as clear as the native iPhone app which gives the day and date. Although the app is scaled for the iPhone six, I do not find it visually appealing and it is rather cluttered. Overall, it is a superior calendar but need some work on it's interface.
Review of new update: getting better, but please allow the functionality to place meetings before reminders in both the widget view and the calendar view. Also, I still would like to be able to customize the color of the calendar. Also, please drop the skeumorphism in the icon and design an iOS 8.1 flat styled icon. Finally, allow the widget to display the weekly view instead of the monthly view as an option.
Notification Center widget is really great
The widget for this app is very amazing, however I do have a suggestion that could really improve the app overall (I don't even know if it's possible), but here's my idea. For users with 3D Touch is would be really cool if you could allow us to peek into our events/reminders from the Notification Center without opening the app (unless we pop into it of course). The app can sometimes seem slow to load certain things and also seems to have some lags when doing some things in the app, I wish that would be fixed. Overall it's a pretty good app but could use some minor improvements. You also have really good support pages for both the Mac and iOS version so definitely keep that up, that's hard to find in software these days.
Watch app issues
Overall this app is wonderful on both iPhone and Watch. However, during the last two updates, the watch app freezes when I tap on a Fantastical complication. It then either takes forever to unfreeze and allows me to scroll through my events, or it crashes. When it crashes and I reopen it, the Watch app seems to erase all events in it, and the complication sometimes disappears (doesn't even say enjoy your day"). It then takes a while to re-sync all events. This is not good, as I depend on seeing what my next meeting is on my watch at all times. I am using the original Watch, and suspect it may have something to do with the new way background app refresh works on the new Watch OS. Please fix as soon as possible!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 31, 2016
- Version: 2.7.5
- Size: 37.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2016 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.