Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more!
"Great iOS update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop
• Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.7.3
- Fixed incorrect Chinese birthday ages for some contacts
- Fixed widget appearing blank if Timeline setting is disabled
- Fixed widget sometimes not showing when there were additional events on a day
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Perfect for IPhone, Painful slow for Watch
The phone app is the absolute best there is. With the exception of things third party apps just can't do yet (travel time) this takes care of it all - Fastest event/reminder app ever.
The Watch app, however, is in a sad state of affairs. I'm not sure if the developers are asking too much of the device, but it is very slow on watch os3. I get 4 second load times at best (with Dock cleared of all other apps) and 14 seconds at worst. It tends to crash on load, depending on how much I try to use it. Scrolling is typically laggy - regardless of how many days I choose to show. I'm also never sure when the app has loaded enough to scroll, as the screen loads but is frozen - about 1 second after the time shows up in the upper right hand corner is usually it.
The watch app can create events and reminders, which is nice - but if that's what's slowing it down it should be removed. They can remove the reminders lists too (and just show reminders in agenda view ). I would settle for anything if it meant a usable app. Flexibits has set the bar very high with their family of products, and unfortunately the watch app doesn't come close.
Also - I have not found the staff to be rude *at all*. They've been very nice and patient with me over the years. Now, if you are rude to them... I can't guarantee you won't receive it back ;)
Worth Every Cent!
I found this app through a blog called Lifehacker under app directory for iPhone. I was weary about buying (as I've always used the stock Calendar app) but after a few days I've learned to love the Fantastical App over the stock iOS Calendar. Only part I would like to see changed is to add either a pin to lock the app or see the use of the TouchID be implemented.
Other than that it's a solid app and I recommend It to my colleagues (and even to my parents) who seem to favor the app over the stock.
I hope this review helps anyone sketched by the price; I was too, but listen it's worth every cent!!
Easy to read!
All calendar apps essentially offer the same basic info, however, this app is my main calendar app for one important reason: it is easy to read, especially at a quick glance. Also, the full month calendar option that you show is better than just the 2 weeks that some other apps show. Thank you for providing fonts that are easy to read. Easy to read is so much more valuable than other app developers seem to realize.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 20, 2016
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2016 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.