FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple iOS 9 Beta Notice
This is an important notice for players of SQUARE ENIX games on the iOS platform.
Apple has officially announced the release of its iOS 9 Beta.
However, since our apps are not compatible with the iOS 9 Beta at this time, we regret we are unable to provide customer support for any trouble arising from installation of this OS (including, but not limited to, data recovery or undelivered in-game currencies).
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixed several battle command issues.
Tab (Left/Right) Mode:
- Fixed issue in which a certain gamepad input could cause the game to freeze during battles against three or more enemies.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command could cause the game to close during battles of two party members against one enemy.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command targeting all enemies when surrounded by a particular enemy could cause the game to close.
Final Fantasy VI for iOS8 is a Smashing Success
I've played the original game when I was kid in the nineties and I loved it then as much as I do now. After playing the iOS version through too completion twice now I have to admit this game it's near flawless, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still hold the original game in very high regard but it's nice to have an updated version that's a sight for sore eyes. The first thing that captured my attention in the iOS version was the crisp, vibrant colors. It really brings the game to life apart from the duller nineties version. I also liked the recap or summary of each chapter in the Configuration menu. It helps you stay fresh on where you're at in the story and how much of the story is left to complete. The controls seem a little clunky and take some getting used to, but that's only minor a annoyance. Overall I'd grade this version 4.8 out of 5 stars. It's not perfect but it's close. I know the fan boys and three traditionalists are going hate but haters gonna hate. If you're wondering whether or not you should buy this game then I promise you can take my word for it. You'll love this game, especially if you're already familiar with the genre and series.
One of the best games I've ever played
I've been wanting to play a JRPG for a while and everywhere I looked Final Fantasy VI came up, so I decided to give it a try. I know a lot of people are complaining about the controls so I'm not going to talk about that. The story is one of the best I've ever experienced and I still think about it months after I completed it. The characters are charming and unforgettable. The secret items you can find are amazing! I found myself asking how I would be able to beat the game without them. As most JRPGs require you to grind for xp for hours, Final Fantasy VI has you level up as you're approaching the next boss so that you are strong enough to beat it on your first or second try. Except for the end, you'll need to level up a bit on your own time. It was a really enjoyable and immersive experience. I recommend that everyone that enjoys video games play this masterpiece as soon as possible.
No Sound on iOS 8 - Do A Google Search First
I was overjoyed to see this game was being ported to iOS. I grant Square Enix much gratitude that they made this port cross-compatible between iPhone and iPad with your saves going into the cloud. That means you can use the iPhone on the go and your iPad when you prefer. However, there is a major bug. Several users were unable to get the sound to work after iOS 8 came out. I found two forums on the web where users reported this issue. Playing this game without Nobuo Uematsu's score is like watching Star Wars on mute; the music is part of the immersion into the story. For some dropping the notification window and then closing it fixed the sound; however, for some that fix doesn't work. I am among the unfortunate buyers who this fix does not work for. I cannot seem to find anywhere to submit a bug report so I am hoping the developers will see this post and try to fix it. I'll happily change this to a five star review once this situation is resolved.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 512 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.