FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Fixed several battle command issues.
Tab (Left/Right) Mode:
- Fixed issue in which a certain gamepad input could cause the game to freeze during battles against three or more enemies.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command could cause the game to close during battles of two party members against one enemy.
- Fixed issue in which a certain command targeting all enemies when surrounded by a particular enemy could cause the game to close.
No Sound on iOS 8 - Do A Google Search First
I was overjoyed to see this game was being ported to iOS. I grant Square Enix much gratitude that they made this port cross-compatible between iPhone and iPad with your saves going into the cloud. That means you can use the iPhone on the go and your iPad when you prefer. However, there is a major bug. Several users were unable to get the sound to work after iOS 8 came out. I found two forums on the web where users reported this issue. Playing this game without Nobuo Uematsu's score is like watching Star Wars on mute; the music is part of the immersion into the story. For some dropping the notification window and then closing it fixed the sound; however, for some that fix doesn't work. I am among the unfortunate buyers who this fix does not work for. I cannot seem to find anywhere to submit a bug report so I am hoping the developers will see this post and try to fix it. I'll happily change this to a five star review once this situation is resolved.
Nostalgia at it's best!
I can remember renting the original U.S. version. Of course, many reading this remember it was released as the 3rd installment in the U.S. Now this was shortly after I had completely mastered the previous (U.S.) installment at the time, which is a masterpiece I might add. So needless to say I was foaming at the mouth. Square-Enix, formally Squaresoft at that time, had created a game that would consume 100's of hours of my life. This is a game that I will play through every year or two, and the many ports of the game had kept that tradition alive for me.
This game really has it all. A huge cast, and every character is unique and memorable. Not to mention each character brings unique qualities, which creates dynamic and all around great gameplay! Also, I like the fact that they have included a lot of the little things from the original Japanese game. Although these qualities alone warrant a solid, dedicated play through, the best quality is the story line itself. This game is set in a world where the art of magic has been lost, and magical creatures known as espers are all but forgotten in the present world. The world is on the brink of war as an evil empire seeks global dominance through the use of magitek technology, which is a fusion of machine and watered down "magic". Their conquest of seeking any form of magic/espers is oddly reminiscent of tales of the nazi army seeking inner earth and other strange things. Ultimately, it is up to the people to rise up and fight. A resistance to bring down the beast! This is where your story begins....can you defeat the empire and save the world?
Now the art style of the current iOS port I was initially concerned with. However, after playing a few hours I have learned to love it!
This game is wonderful. If you're a fan of JRPG style games, this classic is a must play! This game is arguably the best in the series!
So far I have not noticed any bugs
The one complaint I do have is that occasionally when the game is running in the background and then it becomes the active application, the game goes to the title screen. I suggest using the quick save feature and save often (also upload to iCloud often). Don't get me wrong, I can return texts, surf the web, look at iBooks, etc. It seems to happen only if the game has been in the background for a decent length of time. It is by no means game breaking. It would be nice if there were a special reserved "quick save" slot just for this. For example, use the app switcher and select any other app or home screen. At this time the game is running in the background. At this point the game would automatically save in a special quick save slot. At the title screen you would then have the option of new game, load game, resume, and resume from quick save, or something of the sort. This can potentially save players that happen to play the game for a lengthy amount of time and don't save then place the app running in the background. Most people do not do this, but eventually it will happen at least once even to the best of us.
For what it is, it looks polished and overall great!
This game has an excellent selection. Some of the best video game music ever! Search for "Kurikinton Fox" on YouTube just for some over all Final Fantasy goodness!
Very fun with many different gameplay features. It even has slots!
Simply a masterpiece!
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 512 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.