FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
Changes have been made to the directional pad.
- The directional pad now remains onscreen after removing your finger. This enables you to lift your finger and then press a directional arrow for easier control over character movement.
- Adjustments to input angles and ranges allow for easier movement.
- The directional pad has been redesigned.
Additions have been made to the battle command system.
- Tab (Left) and Tab (Right) modes offer new means of navigating battle commands. These modes may be enabled via the Config menu.
Support for the following languages has been added:
The following gamepads are supported:
- Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery
Best Final Fantasy Ever!
This game has everything. Great story with a crazy villain. Best characters and there really isnt a main (you dont have to keep anyone in your group at all times), besides some parts of the game due to story purposes. You dont even need to recruit everyone and the ending changes a little depending on whether you have all the characters or not. Lots of secrets and exploring because every character has a back story, everyone has a special ability, and everyone can use magic. This is also the first time theyve used limit breaks (it happens randomly when your characters are low on health), so dont expect to see it often. Ive finished this game more than 10 times since it released on the SNES. I like to play it every year or two so I can remember how great RPG's used to be. You have freedom to explore once you get the airship. Its the best game in the series. The only reason people say FFVII is the best is because they havent played FFVI. And most FFVII fans are biased because the thing Ive noticed about them is that its the first RPG they ever played, seems to give extra weight to their opinion. Anyways buy this game and enjoy! Oh dont expect 3D graphics, they have redrawn alot but its a 2D game. If u dont like it because its not 3D then you are a 3D fan, not an RPG fan.
A beloved classic, marred by "improvements"
FF6 was one of my go-to games growing up. I'm glad to see it FINALLY on iOS, mostly faithfully reproduced. However, I REALLY miss the old pixel art; the updated character graphics just don't have the same aesthetic, which is something I really liked about the original. The Playstation version preserved the original art (while adding some truly awful and bizarre FMV sequences, which I fortunately don't see here). The updated background graphics actually look lovely, but they're only done on a handful of tiles, which makes the effect seem inconsistent.
The music, though, comes across quite faithfully as do all the sound effects. Some of the dialogue seems retooled from how I remember it, which seems a little strange to me, but then again probably a number of the passages I remember may have been affected by poor localization to begin with.
The on-screen controller seems mostly fine. I could do without the "dumbing down" of secret finding; in the original, there were no "!" bubbles when you were in front of a secret item, and adding them kind of detracts from the excitement of finding a well-hidden secret.
I wonder if, in future updates, some of the "improvements" (mainly the new character graphics and the secret bubbles) might be made optional. I'd really appreciate that. I'd love a "vintage mode" so I can enjoy the game in all its original low-res charm!
Longtime fan! <3
This is the first game I can recall playing as a young child, back when it was Final Fantasy III on the snes! My sister and I would sit and play for hours, absorbed in the story. I had just recently started reading well and she was too young to read so I read all the dialogue out loud for her. Years later I played it again when Anthology was released and it really was like rediscovering an old friend. Now I have a son who is about to turn 5 and he absolutely loves watching me play this new version on the iPad and listens intently to the story! I'm so happy to be able to share this with my son and to revisit this wonderful world and cast of characters once again. I've been a big fan of the Final Fantasy series for most of my life but this title is particularly dear to me. Thanks Square Enix!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 09, 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 512 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.