We have received a report that the in-game language switches to English when the device is set to Chinese, Traditional (Hong Kong). To avoid this issue, please set the language on the device to Chinese, Traditional when using the app. Do not set it to Chinese, Traditional (Taiwan) or Chinese, Traditional (Hong Kong). If the Chinese, Traditional option is not available, set the device to another language and the Chinese, Traditional option will appear.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
Problems with the "Album" feature in the menu have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Widely hailed as one of the greatest role-playing games of all time, Final Fantasy VI features a heartwarming story with complex, endearing characters and innovative combat that showcases teammate-specific strategies and skills. This Square Enix masterpiece has been recreated with an all-new art style and entirely rebalanced for an on-the-go experience. Whether you’re a longtime fan or playing it for the first time, Final Fantasy VI is a classic 2D role-playing game you shouldn’t miss.
One of the greatest RPGs in the history of gaming
I cannot even begin to say the amount of amazing things this game brings us. Yes it may start out a little bit weird and controls and battle mechanics are a little wonky but once you get used to them or completely change them in the options then the game can be really enjoyable. Many people say games aren't art, but that would be one of the biggest lies you have heard ever. Interesting characters and villains, emotional and deep moments, and of course possibly the most incredible story in a game. I would even par this game with Planescape: Torment, and if you don't know what that is, then you also have to experience it. Again I cannot praise the story enough, it's truly one of the best. Some parts are DEFINITELY going to be difficult, and you WILL need to level up in order to beat them, movement is not the greatest, some parts are definitely going to be annoying, but if you can get past these small but not game breaking problems then you will enjoy it.
This on my personal opinion is even better than Final Fantasy 7. I'm not saying FF7 is bad, in fact it's FAR FAR from bad but FF6 triumphs it story wise.
Words cannot describe the joy I feel with this game ^_^.
P.S. CREATE MORE THAN AT LEAST 2 SAVES, I have seen people lose progress because they simply have only kept one save, so please keep that in mind!
And as I said earlier you WILL need to level up for some parts of the game as the bosses will get harder and harder.
An Excellent Utilization of the Technology at Hand
Some others on here have very much ranted about this, so I thought I'd give some leveled opinions. The controls, while not an SNES controller by any means, are very good. I think they did an amazing job with what they had available. The controls aren't clunky in any way. The battle interface works well, too. Touch controls work near seamlessly. If you've played a previous version, it'll take some getting used to, however it is a large step up here. Sound quality is top notch. Lastly, the graphics. If you've played this before, the sprites may bother you as they differ from the original. However, if this is your first play through, then the sprites are absolutely fine, and do not seem out of place at all. It is an exceedingly well done port. If you're on the fence for the above reasons, take charge and make the purchase. You'll be glad you did!
- SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- 698.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1994, 2006, 2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.