By Open Garden Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Here is a brand new version of FireChat, right in time for SXSW.
Now you can create live discussions about anything you care about, whether it’s Bitcoin, politics, or your favorite DJ. It’s as simple as typing a hashtag. And with these new little hearts, you will know what people think in real time as the conversations unfold.
FireChat is not a “newsfeed” with all sorts of distractions. There are no promoted posts, ads, nor other nuisances. You can reach 100% of your audience instantly. And grow your audience faster than on any other social network, for free.
See how SXSW seasoned veterans are using FireChat now to help you find the very best of SXSW in real time. If you’re in Austin now, you need this app to get the most out of SXSW.
Last but not least, FireChat works even without an Internet connection or cellular phone coverage. That’s right, it even works on a plane.
Get FireChat now and build your own community.
One more thing, we’re finalists for an Innovation Award at SXSW.
We’re Open Garden. Welcome to a new era of open communications.
Please meet us on Twitter @OpenGarden and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OpenGarden.
Please help us improve FireChat and get support: http://forum.opengarden.com
• Instantly chat with anyone around you,
• Works even without any Internet connection or mobile phone coverage ,
• Use the "Nearby" mode for off-the-grid communications, up to 200 feet of your location,
• Off-the-grid communications may be shared online if one device within the range has access to the Internet,
• Multihop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications,
• See what people are talking about all over the country in the “Everyone” mode,
• Create your own chatrooms for live public discussions with up to tens of thousands of simultaneous users
• Join or invite people to any existing chatroom about topics that may interest you
• Choose your own unique username, displayed name and avatar
• FireChat is enhanced for iOS 8.
What's New in Version 6.0.4
We switched our colors to red on white, so you can focus more on the messages. This version contains other minor improvements.
Why did you kill off the red color scheme?
It's a good and stable update on this 4s with 7.1.2 but the old red version looked much cooler. It was bright and fresh and put the "Fire" in FireChat. Why do they feel the need to dumb down the GUI and make it as boring and ugly as possible so that it looks as bland or worse than everything else out there? If you can't focus on messages because there is red on the screen then you have bigger problems in life. What a silly excuse from the developers, and as a side note, colorblind people can't even tell the difference. It just appears as a lighter shade of grey to them. How about an update to let users change the colors of backgrounds, menus, and fonts or the ability to use a photo for your chat background? Now that would be GUI progress. However, I still like the bright red theme best!
App is bait and switch
App description says "off-grid" then sends all users directly to an on-grid room without any explanation nor a help button to explain app to new users. App has limited choices such as turning off hashtags. App allows catfishing (multiple false identifies from any one user) without direct blocking of worst offenders. App developers are unavailableto the many regulars that attempt to create a sense of sanity to an unmonitored environment which does not even defend children.
Lots of issues
Bug prevents adding a profile pic. Confusing interface. Lack of privacy controls.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 05, 2015
- Version: 6.0.4
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Open Garden, Inc
- © Open Garden Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.