BaconReader for Reddit
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Support for iPhone X
• Compact Mode available for viewing more content in a smaller space
• Gesture support for quick voting - 2 finger tap to up vote and 3 finger tap to down vote
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• Dual-Pane view available for iPhone Plus devices
• Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Cake day notification
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Moderator features: Modmail, approve/remove posts, mark as spam)
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits, add subreddit to multireddit from sidebar
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page!
• New search makes it even easier to search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Left-handed mode allows you to switch thumbnails from right to left for easy access
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
What's New in Version 3.2.1
+ Restored Swipe to Vote on comments – swipe right to upvote, swipe left to downvote. (Enabled via Settings->Swipe in Comment Cell)
+ Fixed a crash or misaligned display when hiding a post
+ Fixed an issue where a long user name or flair could overlap items in comments
+ Fixed a crash that could happen when sharing a photo
+ Other minor fixes
Nice app but bad scrolling
I love the new features and that the app supports the iPhone X. I just wish this app had smoother scrolling. I'm going to explore other options even though I paid for this app. I have to have a better experience if I'm going to use an app consistently.
What did you do?
Same opinions as the reviewer above. This was a first-page app on my phone since I discovered it a couple years ago. But you guys totally borked the UI and UX. Just please roll everything back to the way it was.
As it stands I’m looking for a new client since this is borderline unusable.
Update: Nov. 22
The developer thankfully listened to our concerns and made it much more user friendly. It’s still wonky in places but it’s much more usable. I really appreciate the feedback.
Developer addressed issues...
Developer has addressed issues that had cropped up, but I’ve moved on to a different app already.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2017, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99