BaconReader for Reddit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• Dual-Pane view available for iPhone Plus devices
• Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Cake day notification
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Moderator features: Modmail, approve/remove posts, mark as spam)
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits, add subreddit to multireddit from sidebar
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page!
• New search makes it even easier to search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Left-handed mode allows you to switch thumbnails from right to left for easy access
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
What's New in Version 3.1.1
* Added /r/popular (accessible from side menu)
* Animated Gifs now loop as expected
* Darker toolbars better blend with themes
* Fixed crash when selecting a saved search
* Scroll to top (tap on status bar) works consistently in detail view
* Searching for a subreddit no longer displays an error if successful
* Fixed crashes/unexpected behavior when using "Hide Read Posts”
* Accessibility improvements for navigating comments in detail view
* Fixed crash on iOS9/older iOS 10 when rotating in image/gif/YouTube viewer
* Rotating “Plus” phones from landscape to portrait displays detail view instead of list view
* Other bug fixes
I have always used BR for it's simplistic lay out, well they have done away with that and now the screen is an ever loving mess. Why are subreddit options no longer the default when doing a search? If I type in "Movies" I don't want the first five options I see to be six year old posts. So you have to go through yet another step to select a subreddit. The bottom of the screen is a mess with messaging tabs etc no longer being accesses via hidden sidebar. Hate that. And also, I can not even listen to music while using the app because the loud and intrusive adds that pop up will override your music app and stop your music forcing you to leave the app the reselect the play button. Some of that could potentially be overlooked if the app ran smoothly, which it doesn't. Always has errors when loading, randomly crashes, intrusive adds in every corner of the screen... I am not happy at all the with the previous slew of updates. They are far from improvements.
Still The Best Reddit Experience on iOS
After spending a significant amount of time evaluating the official Reddit app, narwhal, and this app, I've concluded that BaconReader offers the best experience of the three. It may not look the best, but the app is just way more usable than the others, on my iPhone 5 at least.
Judging by the other reviews, you should expect to pay for the full product however. I've only evaluated based on this version and not the ad-supported variant.
Great Function but..
Been using baconreader for a year now and one day i paid to remove the ads, not a lot of money if ads are a problem just put in the 2 bucks. All in all does what it should the one thing that made me switch to the reddit app was the night theme that makes the background black.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2016, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99