BaconReader for Reddit
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• Dual-Pane view available for iPhone Plus devices
• Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Cake day notification
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Moderator features: Modmail, approve/remove posts, mark as spam)
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits, add subreddit to multireddit from sidebar
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page!
• New search makes it even easier to search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Left-handed mode allows you to switch thumbnails from right to left for easy access
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
What's New in Version 3.1.5
+ Improvements for v.redd.it links
+ iOS 11 optimizations
+ Bug fixes
Much better than any other reddit app, but..
The only real problem I have is that it crashes constantly when I try to download photos. This is a recent bug that existed pre iOS 11. But it’s getting worse. The other bit that that I wish would happen is more customizing the app, like different color schemes and perhaps a night mode. Other wise, I love the app.
One crtitical issue with BR
I really like Bacon Reader layout and much prefer it to the reddit app for it's ease of use but, there is one thing that makes me refuse to use it. There have been multiple instances of when I was surfing the app while listening to music and I have heard advertisements playing very faintly under my music. Not sure the legality behind this subliminal messaging but, regardless, I don't any part of it when I never gave my consent. Not sure if I'm the only one but, regardless, this earned me writing a poor review when I never write reviews at all.
New update broke a lot of stuff
A lot of stuff doesn’t work in new update can’t save pictures anymore it crashes every time but overall good app if you wanna look at reddit
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 3.1.5
- Size: 53.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2017, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99