BaconReader for Reddit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BaconReader is a tasty Reddit client that lets you enjoy all of the best content and features of popular social news site Reddit. Access news and entertainment content, post links, submit pics and comments, upvote and downvote to your heart’s content – all in a beautiful interface enhanced for easy use on your iPhone or iPad
With features like multiple account support, messages, enhanced search, follow friends, direct image uploads, and a unique subreddit explorer, BaconReader is intuitive and easy to use new and experienced redditors alike.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Supports 3D touch for Front Page thumbnails and Home screen
• Support for multitasking on iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro devices
• Dual-Pane view available for iPhone Plus devices
• Image/gif viewer: Supports swipe up/down to close and Imgur album captions
• Subscribe, set User and Link flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Cake day notification
• Reddituploads image display support
• Filtering: Keyword, Domain, and exclude subreddits from r/all
• Moderator features: Modmail, approve/remove posts, mark as spam)
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Select Explore from the menu to get started discovering great new content.
• Create and manage multireddits, add subreddit to multireddit from sidebar
• Select between list and tile displays – swipe sideways in detail view to access the next story without returning to the front page!
• New search makes it even easier to search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit, multireddit or keywords for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Post images directly to imgur within posts and comments
• Left-handed mode allows you to switch thumbnails from right to left for easy access
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun through built-in image editor
What's New in Version 3.1.3
* Fixed an issue where comments couldn't be minimized after going to another screen and returning
* Made rotation of iPhone Plus devices work more like the Mail app
* Added Copy Permalink, Open in Safari and Open in Chrome to share post
* Fixed an issue where the comments jump when an ad appears in detail view
* Fixed an issue where load more comments would sometimes indent comments incorrectly
* Other bug fixes
Good product, Good Customer support
I've been using baconreader for almost two years and I'm happy with it. I've tried nearly every other Reddit app available to iPhone and this one is the best. Sure, there could be some (very minor) improvements. I've contacted OneLouder with an issue in the past months and they solved the problem- and did better than expected at solving the problem. I don't have a problem with the ads (I know they're a necessary part of providing a free product). Thanks, OneLouder, for a great product, and for your wonderful customer support!
Good except for horrible ads
I don't have any problems with the app except for one major issue, the ads. The ads are very intrusive when you're in the app. They'll open even if you didn't click on them, the audio will start playing randomly with closing the app being the only way to stop them, when swiping through posts ads will launch and take over the app. Right now while scrolling through the homepage, my phone literally started making a very loud beeping noise and the only way to stop it was to close BaconReader. Fix these advertisements
Best Reddit App [SE-iOSX]
No bugs, but Ad issues? Buy the app! It solves that! I used this app for ages on multiple devices & platforms, and it's always great. For some reason I enjoyed the prior version to this one, which btw didn't warn you about slowing down your iPhone v10.x.
One thing is I don't recall having to agree to anything in the last version and that does bug me, just a tad.
Fortunately for us this is a 1Louder app that isn't filled with bugs after an update. FYI: you don't have update! I never noticed any bugs in the prior version.
If any problems do arises, I'll update this review.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 54.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OneLouder
- © 2016, OneLouder Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to BaconReader Pro$1.99