Shape the Village - Interactive Introduction on Circle, Triangle and Square for Kids
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Featured by Apple as "Best New Apps" in 11 countries including US, UK, Austrailia & New Zealand
** Featured by Apple as "Best for Ages 5 & Under" and/or “Best New Apps” in Kids and Education Categories in 35 countries including US, UK, Canada, Germany & Spain
- "This app is perfect for helping to develop early math concepts, fine motor skills, shape recognition all with a fun whimsical style." - TheiMum.com
- "It's a great way to learn about circles, triangles, and squares. Plus, the application is very well designed, age-appropriate, and a lot of fun!" - 5 Stars by EdTechRoundup.org
- "Shape the Village does a commendable job introducing preschoolers to the world of shapes in a way that is both imaginative and fun." - Top Picks by FunEducationalApps.com
- Recognized as Editor's Choice and Top Pick by AppySmarts.com, TopBestAppsForKids.com, AutismPluggedIn.com, Smatoos.com and many other famous Kids' App Review Sites
Triangles, rectangles, and circles, everything in the village is a colorful shape! What buildings and characters can you create with these shapes?
A rolling ball, stacking blocks, pointed roofs: as children grow, they become curious about - and eventually begin to recognize - all the shapes hidden in their everyday surroundings. Coloring, matching, dividing and combining shapes are great activities for young learners, and will help them identify and analyze basic shapes.
“Shape the Village” is a high-design app created to stimulate children’s imaginations while educating them about shapes. This lively village, illustrated in bright colors that draw the eye, is jam-packed with engaging characters and buildings with personality - all made up of circles, triangles and squares!
16 different activities focus on the definition, appearance, composition and distinguishing characteristics of different shapes to help 3-5 year-old children develop spatial intelligence and essential geometry skills. Children will be motivated to complete each activity, helping to construct the village buildings and characters. In this village, even the trucks and gorillas have engaging faces and whimsical appeal!
The easy-to-learn activities are designed so that young children can perform them without texts or tutorials. Building and character rewards appear after the completion of each exercise, encouraging kids to continue and complete all the shape activities.
The extra “Workbook” feature suggests printable, fun-filled activities and games for parents and teachers to interact with children and help them further increase their knowledge of basic shapes in everyday lives. Parents and teachers can also monitor and manage each child’s learning progress for each activity.
Features of “Shape the Village” are as follows:
-16 varied activities to teach kids all about circles, triangles and squares
-No need for tutorials: the app has an intuitive, child-friendly design
-Interactive, motivating rewards for activity completion
-“Day” and “night” modes: the characters sleep at night just like kids!
-Cooperative workbook activities with easy-to-prepare materials
-Supports 7 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean
-Supported on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch (Universal)
As a company engaging in children's education, WiseKids takes the privacy and safety of your children very seriously. We maintain and enforce high standards for all privacy concerns.
This application does NOT:
- collect personally identifiable information from children
- offer or endorse in-app purchase of any sort
- contain third-party advertisements
- offer external links without appropriate parental gate
- require SNS integration
Check out the video trailer of this product at:
Follow us on our Facebook page for more information, events and updates on our educational products.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Minor bug fixes
Kinda short but very well-made
5-star if it were a bit longer. otherwise very well-designed app for the younger ones.
Great for 2-5
This is one both my kids go back to time and time again!
Should be free. 3 year old lasted 5 minutes. One of worst games. Deleted and threw away 3.00 on this one
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 20, 2014
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 144 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: WiseKids Corporation
- © 2013 WiseKids Corporation. All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.