By RootRise Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Hex-Editor : The ultimate hex source editor. Open any file types in hex format and easy-to-use tools to edit and compare hex values.
• Cut, Copy, Paste, Insert, delete, rearrange: Hex-Editor does not limit you to in-place changes like some hex editors. Hex-Editor can cut, copy, paste, insert and delete any amount of data with no decrease in performance with larger files. With undo and redo capability, no matter how large the file, Hex-Editor brings a new level of control over file editing.
• Small footprint: Hex-Editor does not keep your files in memory. You won’t dread launching or working with Hex-Editor even on low-RAM machines.
• Fast: Open a huge file, scroll around, copy and paste, all instantly. Find what you’re looking for with fast searching
• Bookmarks: Bookmarks within the hex display and fast access to saved bookmarked positions.
• Work with huge files. Hex-Editor can handle as big a file as you’re able to create. It’s been tested on files as large as 100 GB.
• File Comparison: Hex-Editor can show the differences between files, taking into account insertions or deletions.
• Smart saving: Hex-Editor knows not to waste time overwriting the parts of your files that haven’t changed, and never needs temporary disk space.
• Data inspector: Interpret data as integer or floating point, signed or unsigned, big or little endian.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Fine tuning with upcoming release of OS X
- Full screen support
- Other improvements
- (Fixed) Copy-Paste outside application
OK on its own terms, but is only one of several app clones
Same windows, same layout — “ridiculous_fish"/Peter Ammo open-sourced the copyrighted "Hex Fiend” and a bunch of people have simply cloned it into the Mac App Store under different names and prices without following even the minimal license requirements of the author. “iHex" works identically to this app (and Hex Fiend) (same menus, window layout and functionality), so you might as well save your $3. Or download Hex Fiend from outside the safe confines of the App Store.
That said, this is as good as the other clones. It will let you edit and compare files as raw hex data. It has a read-only mode. If you suspect that a paid app might get better support, you can buy this one. If you suspect that it will be hard for them to compete with Free, get iHex. Or the original.
This review may be considered “inappropriate" because it mentions other apps, but I feel that users should know that they are getting a product that is merely a arguably illegitimate clone of someone else’s brow-sweat, and be given their choice of sources.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 14, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RootRise Technologies Private Limited
- © 2013 RootRise Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor