By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 3.1606.0623
We’re excited to introduce the new Xbox app. Everything you love about Xbox SmartGlass, is now in the Xbox app, and much more! No matter where you play games — whether it's your Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, or Phone — the Xbox app is the best way to stay connected to your gaming community.
This month we’ve got a pretty great release that will make your Xbox app experience much better.
• Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
• Activity feed updates – More personalized activity feed
• Added Trending content – Find out what's popular on Xbox Live
• Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
• Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
• Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
• Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
• Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
• Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
We’d love to hear from you. If you run into any issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for gaming with us! We hope you enjoy this release.
So you guys have this big update come out and now you cram all of these notifications and trending pages like this is Facebook and that is very annoying. I don't want to see all of this crap it should be an option to just go see it. As well as since day one of having this app and an Xbox one the videos will not play from captures in the showcase, without glitching stopping in skipping ever. How about fix the existing problems that keep the app from running correctly instead of cramming Facebook into this app Microsoft? Come on people.
Edit. A week later. 2 more updates. Still videos from captures will not play without glitching and freezing and never finish playing. Its not my decice nor my internet because Everything else works properly. And again all of the FORCED facebook features are ridiculous and not necessary. This is a game app not facebook. I do not need contacts and others friends forced without my permission or want to be clogging my xbox feed. I have my stuff private and now i have videos of people im not friends with showing up and people i am not friends with viewing and liking my private information that is only supposed to show on my friends feed.
Broken with the update
I have a day one edition Xbox one that and I've paired the Smartglass app with it since it finished its first set up. The amount of conscience and increased connectivity the app provides is amazing.
However the new update completely broke it. Like, should not have made it out of in house Alpha testing broken. Literally not a single feature works. Will no longer connect to any Xbox (this is coming from myself and my entire friends list / Twitch followers). So there goes its biggest component of a mobile controller / universal TV remote when your doing everything other than play games. The app will also no longer reliably send messages and incoming message notifications are completely sporadic or none existent. And the 'news feed' with friends video and screen captures times out when attempting to load anything off of it.
Testers involved in this update should be moved to another division and a major overall to the app (or a simple restore of the old version) needs to happen before anyone else considers downloads this. (Same issues on iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, and Galaxy S7)
Settings do not save
I have been using SmartGlass for a little over a year and have had no problems. I waited a while before downloading the big update to the Xbox app because I figured there would be glitches and bugs.
I finally download the update, and of course the only bug that affects me is the only reason I used SmartGlass in the first place: I cannot receive notifications for when my favorites get online. In the settings I can turn it on, but when I fully close the app (swiping it up after double clicking home) the setting will immediately revert to how it was before. I could just leave the app running in the background but I always close everything to conserve battery life. SmartGlass notifications used work without the requirement to stay open, (and so does every other app ever made) and updates should not be downgrades.
If this gets fixed I will gladly rate five stars because everything else about the app works fine as far as I can tell, it will just be unusable for me until this issue is fixed.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 24, 2016
- Version: 3.1606.0623
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.