Xbox One SmartGlass
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xbox One SmartGlass is the perfect companion app for your Xbox One, both in your living room and on the go. Connect and control your Xbox One. Stay connected with the games and gamers you like. And add a new dimension to your console entertainment with the mobile device you already own.
In the living room:
• Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
• Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
• Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
• Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
In the living room and on the go:
• Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
• Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game clips
What's New in Version 2.10.7
Given that you don't plan on gaming, this app has proven to be extremely useful. It acts as my remote to my television and a controller to my console. I rely on this app the majority of the time to save on the battery life of my controllers. For the most part I rate full stars, but there is one issue I have. The option to automatically sync with my xbox does not work. It attempts to but then stops trying and once I go to manually it works every time. This isn't a big deal it's just the hassle of thinking you can rely on it and then you can't. Anyway, thank you very much for one of the most used apps on my phone.
I cannot give the app 5 stars only because of a big I keep encountering. 95% of the app has worked perfectly every time I've use it, however, I keep having this issue with the messaging system where all appears to be normal until I try to send the message I have typed. The fix is to back out far enough from the messages to essentially allow them to reload. However, whatever I typed initially cannot be saved and must be retyped. This can be a pain if the message is long especially since messaging is, imo, one of the main areas in which this app saves time. Fix that, and it's 5 stars.
When I get home, I open this app, turn on my tv, Xbox, and put the volume on the right number. I also open games and apps easily. The only problem is sometimes when you're filling up information and there are two boxes, when you finish filling up one and click return, you have to bring up the key board again and that's a little annoying. But other than that this app basically replaced my kinect and cable/tv remotes. And my controller too!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 2.10.7
- Size: 30.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.