By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1706.0712.1247
• Share your Looking for Group posts to your messages and Activity Feed
• Support for in-game clubs
• Set the language and location for the Xbox App independently from your device settings
If it only worked, it would be great.
It's a good idea and very useful concept; however, the app can hardly function. It is constantly loading and reloading pages. Have to restart the app almost every time I try to use it because it gets frozen [I have an IPhone 7+]. The app logs me out of my Microsoft accounts on both the app and my actual Xbox one regularly even though I have never asked it to do that. I spend most of the time waiting for the app to freeze, restart, make me verify my credentials, connect and then I can unpause the show and start watching again. It's a good idea but developed and run poorly. They update the app but don't fix any of the issues, it actually keeps functioning worse and worse. And if you give it a bad review, it glitches more and more. And the updates say they fix bugs and glitches; however, they just add more broadcasting, "share you activities" and just make the app worse. It has one job: Be a remote. And Microsoft has once again over complicated and ruined a great idea.
XBone messaging problems now affect the iOS app, too
Being able to reply to messages from within the App is a godsend: the XBONE message interface is clunky, slow, and slow loading. Microsoft: let us plug in a USB keyboard to the XBOne, please?
App has improved somewhat, but still lacks some missing "meat and potatos" features that should just work, but don't.
1. messages, when sent, light a "message waiting" indicator in IOS on the app on the IOS desktop, and then light an MWI inside the app itself.
However: often the "MWI" at the top level on the desktop disagrees with the MWI in the app. So you'll think you have a message waiting, open the app, only to find no message waiting.
2. MWI gets "stuck" where, inside the app, even though you've opened everything you can find, read all messages... you still see a waiting MWI indicator inside the app. Nothing you do will clear the MWI.
3. if you have the app installed on multiple devices (phone, tablet), reading a message on one should mark it as read on all. it doesn't. So you read a message once, then have to re-read it again on all other installs to clear that same dang message everywhere. "Dang Double Delete".
4. App should allow you to issue and respond to party and game invitations, given how poor and interruptive those are to the in-game experience on the XBone. It doesn't, which is an odd oversight.
This app is perfect for you gamers out there like me that can't play during the week days and you want to talk to your friends. You can also view feeds and captures a lot easier. I have to include it is kinda weird that you can see who's adding who but I'm not one to be judge mental. Xbox over the past few months have made it very difficult to view your game clips on your console, but with this app you can view feeds a lot easier. A little addition though, how tf do you sign out of an account on this app, I've searched the whole app 13 times now and there is no "Sign Out" button. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but nothing happens. Also it constantly signs you out of your account.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 14, 2017
- Version: 1706.0712.1247
- Size: 115 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.