By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1610.1205.1554
• Clubs – Clubs are gamer-created and managed groups that can help you meet people and grow communities of gamers who love the same things you do. You can search for the best club for your or check out recommended clubs in the Clubs section on your PC or mobile device. As a Club admin, you’ll have the tools to ensure that everyone is having a great time and help create a lively and inclusive environment.
• Looking for Group (LFG) - Need to find players to help unlock an Achievement, complete a weekly quest, or build a team? Xbox Looking for Group allows you to post a “want ad” that other players can see and answer. Each post can contain a description, number of players needed, and searchable tags. You can tag a post with communication and playstyle preferences like “Mic required” or “Cooperative”, Achievements you want to pursue, or custom tags created by the community for each game. You can use your mobile device to create posts and confirm applicants, or search posts and request to join.
• Group Messaging - Message your friends like never before with Group Messaging! Start a new thread with multiple people in the same conversation or share activity feed content to an existing conversation.
Awful required update
Even with the latest update, notifications are still broken. What good is having a messaging app when it can't alert you that you have a new message?
This new required update is awful. I use the app mainly to be alerted to messages sent by friends. However, the app no longer beeps unless a: my device is unlocked and b: Smartglass is running, which means if I turn off my screen to save power, I won't know I have received a new message unless I am staring at a blank screen. Previous versions allowed beeping/vibration with the app closed and my device locked.
The worst part is that I was fine using an older version until it said I had to update to continue using the app. The older app versions still alert me to incoming messages, so now I need two devices to use this app - One to alert me if new messages and the second to respond using the "new and improved" (yet totally broken) app.
Cant complain tbh
Has everything that a quick app is capable of; messaging, notifications, videos, etc. I believe you can even connect this app to your xbox which is pretty cool; possibly even be able to download things from outside your home. Anyway, my favorite thing about this app is being able to show my friends my game recordings👍🏼
Great extension of a great system
I love this app. One of the most convenient feature is this app allows me to use is to be able to turn on my Xbox from anywhere in the house or even outside. Seeing if my friends are online and sending them messages... being able to redeem codes and purchase games all from the app is amazing!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 1610.1205.1554
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.