Xbox One SmartGlass
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xbox One SmartGlass is the perfect companion app for your Xbox One, both in your living room and on the go. Connect and control your Xbox One. Stay connected with the games and gamers you like. And add a new dimension to your console entertainment with the mobile device you already own.
In the living room:
• Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
• Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
• Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
• Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
In the living room and on the go:
• Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
• Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game clips
What's New in Version 2.10.6
Power On/Off the console from your SmartGlass app.
Stream live TV from an Xbox One with a supported USB TV Tuner in 19 countries.
I can honestly say this app has changed my life. Like many people, I too was once forced to use a mere controller to control my Xbox One. That all came too a sudden end the day I discovered the miracle that is Smart Glass for Xbox One. No longer was I constrained by buttons and joysticks. I was free to use my smartphone now to swipe through menu items and enjoy such bliss as being able to quickly respond to Xbox messages with my phone. Having this I knew I would soon be the envy of my fellow gamers but little did I realize it would make non-gamers buy Xboxes just to communicate with me. This app is so powerful it has bestowed the powers of true Xbox enlightenment on me. Briefly discussing the wonders of this app and the abilities I posses with it has spread like a hot burning California wild fire. PS4 owners are heading to GS in droves to trade their systems just to be digitally closer to me and hope they are blessed by the same Smart Glass Gods that bestowed my enigmatic powers. One day I hope to grow powerful enough to pass this on to my future lineage. Here's to you Smart Glass Gods, here's to you....
This app saves my sanity!!!
As the parent of a two year old, my life is filled with chaos. My little lady loves things all over the house and then throwing a tantrum when she can't find them. One of the few things that will settle her down is getting to watch one of her favorite shows. Sadly, her favorite thing to hide is the Xbox remote. So when she can't find it I have no way to turn her show on, leading to a meltdown of nuclear proportion. That was before I downloaded the Smartglass app. Now if I can't find the remote I can just use my phone or tablet to control our media of choice. I honestly haven't explored all of the features of Smartglass yet, but its ability to function as a replacement controller is enough reason for me to love this app. Thank you Smartglass for helping to save my sanity, and thank you Microsoft for continually improving our way of life.
XBone messaging problems now affect the iOS app, too
Being able to reply to messages from within the App is a godsend: the XBONE message interface is clunky, slow, and slow loading. Microsoft: let us plug in a USB keyboard to the XBOne, please?
App has improved somewhat, but still lacks some missing "meat and potatos" features that should just work, but don't.
1. messages, when sent, light a "message waiting" indicator in IOS on the app on the IOS desktop, and then light an MWI inside the app itself.
However: often the "MWI" at the top level on the desktop disagrees with the MWI in the app. So you'll think you have a message waiting, open the app, only to find no message waiting.
2. MWI gets "stuck" where, inside the app, even though you've opened everything you can find, read all messages... you still see a waiting MWI indicator inside the app. Nothing you do will clear the MWI.
3. if you have the app installed on multiple devices (phone, tablet), reading a message on one should mark it as read on all. it doesn't. So you read a message once, then have to re-read it again on all other installs to clear that same dang message everywhere. "Dang Double Delete".
4. App should allow you to issue and respond to party and game invitations, given how poor and interruptive those are to the in-game experience on the XBone. It doesn't, which is an odd oversight.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 2.10.6
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.