Hyperlapse from Instagram
By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing time lapse videos with Hyperlapse. Using Instagram’s in-house stabilization, Hyperlapse shoots polished time lapse videos that were previously impossible without bulky tripods and expensive equipment.
When you shoot a time lapse video with Hyperlapse, your footage will be instantly stabilized to smooth out the bumps from the road and give it a cinematic feeling. Capture an entire sunrise in 10 seconds—even from the back of a moving motorcycle. Walk through the crowds at an all-day music festival, then distill it into a 30 second spot. Capture your bumpy trail run and share your 5k in 5 seconds.
* Shoot handheld time lapse videos in motion— while you're walking, running, jumping or falling.
* Smooth out your video for cinematic quality with automatic stabilization.
* Speed up your hyperlapse to be up to 12 times the speed.
* Share your videos seamlessly on Instagram and Facebook or save them to your camera roll to share anywhere, anytime.
* Start filming immediately with a simple design that gets out of the way of your creativity
* Download and start capturing. No sign up or account required.
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Awesome video camera app!
I love being able record videos that aren't shaky, and easily speed them up if I want.
The app is extremely simple with only a start/stop record button and front/back camera swap button. Maybe adding a Settings menu could give advanced users more options.
It would also be nice if there was some indicator to let you know whether the video is portrait or landscape before recording. Maybe add a time ticker that moves position according to the orientation before you hit record and shows you how long you've been recording after you hit record.
Can go either way
Just downloaded the app, so I can't give it a great or bad rating just yet. I can say for starters it should let you use the phones light to creat videos in dark areas. I'm sure it wasn't a feature bc having the light on drains the battery so much, but for videos that are short enough to not matter it'd be a nice feature. I do wish that this "timelapse" could have just been a new "feature" on instagram instead of a new app, but unlike facebook that removed features(to make you download a new app) at least IG just made a app to go along with it with a totally new feature. Since fb bought ig you'd think they would be continuous with all their apps, but nope
This is a bundle of fun.
I had no idea what I was getting into. After downloading Instagram for the first time, Hyperlapse was in the related section and I thought it was an interesting name. Once I installed it and took my first lapse, I noticed something unique about the video: when slowed to 2x, everything is incredibly stable and has a movie- or music video-like quality to it. It was cool, like the night breeze on the mane of a Black Stallion. I make short videos involving funny faces and extreme close ups. This app does what it does quite well and entertainingly so.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 01, 2014
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2014 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.