Google Play Movies & TV
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Play Movies & TV syncs movies and TV shows from your Google Play account to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Watch your favorite movies and shows instantly, or on any HDTV using Chromecast. Sign into Google Play to manage your library, and then use the Google Play Movies & TV app to watch them from any iOS device. You can also download and watch from anywhere, even when you’re not connected.
* Download videos over any network. Streaming videos currently works over Wi-Fi connections only.
* Downloading videos in the background can decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.7.5629
* Thumbnails. Images appear above the timeline to make seeking easier.
* Bugfixes and stability improvements
Easy to use but lacking features I'd expect
So it works great if you rent a movie and want to stream to your chromecast! If need to rewind or pause, that's where the problems start. There rewind and fast forward are all accessible at the very insensitive slider bar. If you missed that last word, rewinding is hard and inaccurate. There should've a 30 or 10 second rewind button.
I saved their website on my bookmarks so I buy online and open the app to watch. I don't know why some of the bad reviews failed to mention how easy that is to do.
For me, it's just the actually video menu that I'm disappointed with.
Found a movie in the Google Play store that I could find anywhere else. Bought it and then tried to play with AirPlay to watch via Apple TV, but seemed like it was buffering like crazy.
I figured the issue was the app itself and that I would be able to watch from Safari (when I initially purchased in Safari, was asked if I wanted to go to the app so figured watching in Safari was also an option). Deleted app and then tried to watch in Safari, kept pushing me to re-download app.
Once I re-downloaded app, couldn't download the movie because it said it was on a different device! This was a horrible experience, so glad I don't have to deal with the Google BS all the time.
Works well enough, but missing a key feature
Easy to use with my Chromecast (for obvious reasons), but it seems that the slider bar is the only way to move forward or back within a video. It can be tough to get back to just the right spot if you're in the middle of a two hour movie and just missed a single line. The addition of a button to skip back 10 seconds, like the Netflix app has, would make me completely satisfied with this app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 1.7.5629
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.