By Chris Wood
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you find your photos a little dark and grainy in low light? Meet Aidie, the AI camera operator at the heart of NightCap Pro. Aidie (Artificial Intelligence Derived ISO and Exposure) handles the camera for you like a pro, ensuring you get the brightest, clearest shots possible. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
NightCap Pro also has amazing tools for serious photographers, including full manual control with a unique gesture based system that gives you instant access to all controls. Simply swipe to adjust. ISO can go up to 4x higher than any other app, and there are 2 special long exposure modes: one removes almost all noise, the other captures light trails such as night traffic and even the movement of stars in the sky!
NightCap Pro requires iOS 8 or later, and is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trail mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Grain Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom)
• Optional high quality JPEG or perfect quality TIFF photos
• Live shutter speed and ISO display
• Volume button shutter control
• On-screen grid to aid composition
• Self timer
• Versatile interval programmer
• Geotagging (saves location with photo)
What's New in Version 7.0.1
7.0.1 fixes a crashing issue on iOS 8.0 and iOS 8.1 devices
New in NightCap Pro 7:
Apple Watch support!
- Watch Support -
If you have an Apple Watch, NightCap Pro now supports it. With live preview, support for both photo and video recording, and access to the app's main features (press firmly to open the menu).
- Photography Tips -
NightCap Pro's built-in AI, Aidie, now provides useful, relevant photography advice. For example, if she thinks the photo is too dark, she'll tell you how to fix that.
When a tip is available, you'll see a "!" button at the top of the screen - tap it to view the tip.
WOW ! This is so cool. 10 Stars **********
I am so happy to finally see an App for the iPhone 6 plus that really works taking Video and Photos.
I see one review before mine and they gave it a bad review.
Maybe there is a problem on their phone can't say.
Let me tell you that there is a little getting use to the settings but when you spend just a little time practicing and learn the best setting you will be amazed how this app works.
I was using a fantastic app called NightModes but when IOS 8.4 came along NightModes was useless.
I am running IOS 8.4 and have no issues at all.
This app surpasses the features in NightModes by a long shot.
One being that this one does Video Nightshots.
Don't be afraid to spend an extra dollar on this one.
You'll be glad you did.
I'd like to personally thank the Developers for the work you all have put into making this for what I feel is a professional application and should listed thereof.
I am going to check back in a while to see if anybody has commented on this app.
Would like to hear more of people and how it works.
Wish there was some way of me showing these beautiful pics/videos.
Don in Rome,Ga.
Can't even open it now
Deleted and redownloaded. No help. Can't open app
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 24, 2015
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Chris Wood
- © 2015 Interealtime
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.