Neutron Music Player
By Neutron Code Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Neutron is the professional music player with a high quality 32/64-bit audio rendering engine which delivers the best possible Hi-Fi grade quality of sound on iOS device.
The reliable, platform independent, native core provides consistent behavior on all devices. Carefully developed DSP effects such as Parametric or Graphic EQ, Compressor, Surround Sound, Crossfeeder, Crossfader, Tempo, Pitch and others, help to tune audio to a desired result.
Neutron can source music files from device or network sources such as SMB/CIFS, UPnP/DLNA, FTP, WebDAV and send audio either to headphones, or directly to USB DAC or to UPnP/DLNA or Chromecast renderer without a format limitation!
Neutron is developed for audiophiles and those who really love and value music. Consider using Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio hardware for the best result.
Get used to Neutron and have full control over your media library and sound!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
* Bit-perfect playback.
* Audio formats: MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, OPUS, AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF.
* DSD decoding (requires fast CPU, minimally DSD64).
* DOP (DSD over PCM), DXD.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast).
* Supports large media libraries.
* Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
- UPnP/DLNA media server;
- FTP server;
- WebDAV server.
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz).
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz).
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 24-bit, 768 kHz).
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional).
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (server).
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
* DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-30 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
- Compressor / Limiter;
- Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment);
- Dithering (minimize quantization);
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction).
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain from metadata.
* Gapless playback.
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* Phase inversion.
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
* Real-time Spectrum and RMS analyzers.
* Mono mode.
* Playback modes: shuffle, looped, single track, queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Clock mode.
* Timers: sleep, wake.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
Neutron is under active development!
Technical support e-mail:
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum and provide usage example which will help to fix the problem as soon as possible. Your kind patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
* DLNA® is trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
What's New in Version 1.96.5
- group properties (album, artist...) by long press on a category button in the categories widget in a Playing Now screen;
- option Equalizer -> settings -> Plot, Frequency (min): to set minimum frequency of the log 2 bode plot;
- option Equalizer -> settings -> Slider, Step: to adjust step of EQ slider on a Controls screen;
- RTMP streaming protocol support.
- UPnP renderer:
- tags and album art from metadata provided by UPnP client;
- compatibility with UPnP clients;
- reliability (eliminated deadlock on volume change).
- centering of large album art (if it fits full screen).
- reading DFF (DSD) files;
- mismatched frequency labels on X axis of log 2 bode plot.
This became my go to music app within 24 hrs of installing
Fantastic options I’ve never seen on any other iPhone or iPad Music playing app before.
It recognizes Replay Gain
It resamples your music to 32 bit
It shows you how many MBps second are being played, How long with source sample rate and format
It allows for automatic gain control
Also gives you a preamp
And gives you what I consider to be the best array of equalizers I’ve ever seen
You can get a classic 10 band equalizer or 30 band parametric equalizer and everything in between
It will play your Podcasts and let you adjust the sonics of voices
I don’t remember honestly if I paid a little more I think I did because I was so rocked by what they give you for free
Simply put I am taking time to write this review because the app is f’ing awesome.
Destroys I Tunes Player
So recently ive been searching through audio equalizer apps for ios This is the best i could find so far though not a ten band equalizer. Just a music player with tons of great features like pitch control Surround and an amplifier On top of the 30 band parametric equalizer . Highly recommend. Except it may be too much for an ipad sometimes cause it lags whenever i play a new track the first time around
Wow! Awesome Music Player
While the interface may not be the most intuitive, this is truly is an amazing app. I stumbled across this from a review on in-ear-monitors. This player rocks! Can't recommend this enough, if you have some patience this is a great addition to your app library to enjoy your music at a different level!