Platforms Unlimited is a procedural, minimalistic, zen, madly hard one-button endless platformer! An arcade game like in the old times when simplicity, fun and challenge ruled.
--- Comments by the Press----
- (4/5) Cult of Mac “What [Platforms Unlimited] is … is addictive.”
- (4/5) Touch Arcade “An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time”
- (4.5/5) 148Apps “Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This game’s twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.”
- (4/5) Pocket Gamer “Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time”
- (4/5) Appguiden
- iPlayApps.de “This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell ...”
- Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
- Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
- Avoid red enemies.
- The score increases by 1 every second.
- Collect coins for a bonus of 4 score points. Also used for rewards.
- Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.
- The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
- The sound effects on landing, which are characterized by the level, help with timing.
- Procedural endless levels: every game feels different.
- Missions system: complete up to 3 missions in a game for coins rewards.
- Power-ups and trails upgrades: use your rewards to unlock and upgrade power-ups or to change the look of your trail.
- Dailies: beat 3 new 'fixed' levels every day.
- Armageddon Mode: totally unfair and fun (no power-up, coins give no score)
- Game Center leaderboard and achievements
- Video replay and share options
- Fixed issues related to iOS 8 and iPhone 6
Ratings and Reviews
Pure Minimalistic Power!
Help your strange squatty lizard dude travel across endless platforms in tougher and tougher formations. Lots of upgradable powerups using the game's generous in-game currency (if impatient, just watch a couple of ads to have more cash then you can handle).
The graphics and gameplay are smooth, the random levels are laid out well, and the controls are very intuitive. All in all, it's very addicting so far.
This is truly a great game. I don't often write reviews on games but I had to for this one. It's addicting and endless. I recommend it to anyone who likes to have fun.
- Xperimentalz Games
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © XperimentalZ Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Indie Supporter $0.99
- Mega Indie Supporter $4.99
- Super Indie Supporter $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.