By Good.iWare Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the next generation of our famous GoodReader app, and now it's a universal app - one app for all your iOS devices.
In addition to all the features from the original GoodReader app, this upgrade includes the following awesome features:
- PDF Page Management - add, rearrange, delete, rotate, extract and email individual pages, split and merge files
- PDF Page Slider now shows page previews
- icon view for file browser, with larger previews
- collapsible tool area on the main screen
- true Auto Sync - background and scheduled execution
... plus many more to come in the future. Stay tuned!
GoodReader® is the super-robust PDF reader app. Mashable describes it as “a Swiss Army knife of awesome!” Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPad or iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked. Soon you'll be wondering how you ever managed to go mobile without GoodReader.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines, and renderings of 100 mb and more with great speed.
The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
All the excelent features of the original GoodReader are here, including:
- the best PDF reading engine
- PDF Annotations - text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights and markups, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, etc.
- access to various types of servers to store your data - Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, box.com, WebDAV, SMB, AFP, FTP, SFTP
- Auto Sync with remote servers
Our well-crafted Migration Assistant will make the transition to this new app easy for you - all your files and setting from the old GoodReader app will be transferred with a click of a button.
What's New in Version 4.9.2
- support for RAR 5 archives
- fixed an issue with connectivity to SMB servers on Mac OS Yosemite computers
- fixed an issue with connectivity via auto-configured proxy (PAC files)
- new file tab operations: duplicate tab, delete file, rename file
- the iCloud functionality is back, the missing iCloud features have been fully restored
- Text-to-speech for PDF and TXT files
- VoiceOver compatibility
Don't forget to update your copy of GoodReaderUSB - our super-convenient USB file transfer utility. The latest version that supports the new GoodReader 4 app can be found here:
Good viewing options, horrible syncing options and overheating issues
This has been my go-to PDF reader for two years now, but unfortunately I have started running into a constant string of issues with the application. The Dropbox syncing option, in addition to requiring a system-wide (rather than file-specifc sync), often runs into internal server errors or, in general, simply fails to sync my files. This is unacceptable, since I rely on the application to store my notes in the cloud. Worse than this, however, is that I use the freehand option for notes, and I’ve found that if I leave open the freehand tool (to continue taking notes on the page), my iPad begins to heat up considerably and kill the battery. This is also unacceptable.
This is a shame, too, since this is the only application that has excellent cropping options and double-page viewing capability. But the application’s flaws are beginning to outweigh its virtues. I can no longer recommend it.
Please update Goodreader Windows USB program
Love this app and its USB transfer program.
But recently the USB transfer program no longer works on 64 bit itune. Can the developer please release an update?
If you are looking for productivity, PC style file management, automated backup with PC and need a file system on iOS device, this would be the best few dollars spent in the AppStore! Developer regularly adds new functions too!
Great for tabletop roleplaying
My tabletop library is almost all PDFs now. This app lets me flip through and search multiple books at the table without carrying a heavy bag full of books. Highly recommended for this use case.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 4.9.2
- Size: 46.2 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: Yuri Selukoff
- © Yuri Selukoff, 2009-2015. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.