Happi Words - A game for practicing word association, spelling and vocabulary
By Happi Papi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
3 pictures - 1 missing word. Figure out the word from the scrambled letters provided, spell it and collect funny characters (50+). Happi Words is a vocabulary, spelling and association game for 6-9 year-olds that stimulates lateral thinking and sharpens your creative problem solving skills. It also promotes academic risk taking with its built-in multilevel hint system that encourages players to try their own solution before asking for help.
- The game has been featured multiple times in App Stores all over the world and
- Has been recommended for the special needs community by A4cwsn.com who says that it is "A really fun and educational word association game for kids that will help improve picture/word association, spelling and vocabulary, highly recommended"
Happi Words is the 7th learning game from the award winning Happi series. In this game kids (and parents) will try to figure out and spell the word that connects three pictures. When you do, you are rewarded with stars that buys really cool and funny collectors cards. Every level has lifelines to help you along if you get stuck. Try not to use them unless you really have to as solving a level on your own will give you the option to save your earned stars for later so that you can afford the hard to get cards at the top of the deck.
Happi Words has been meticulously crafted to be:
• Hard to put down (you will want to win all the cards, we promise)
• Educational (you will have to use both your logic and spelling skills)
• Strategic (should I get this card now or save up for a more expensive one)
• Clever (every card has a funny name and status message)
• Beautiful (just look at the screen shots…:-)
• Passed around as it gives you the option to create different user profiles
Special note to parents: All collectors cards have a name and a short status message which have been purposefully designed to, on occasion, spur questions from your child. We have done so because we believe in involving the parent in the gaming experience. You should expect to hear questions like: What does this mean, how is this funny, why did they call him that…
What's New in Version 2.1
Happi Words a Happy Experience
This app allows learners to explore word assoication by presenting photos that players must determine what they have in common. The learner can then select letters to spell out the common word. The app appeals to players because of its game style with reward cards for completing an activity. It includes hints such as category and part of speech. The animation is colorful and applealing.
This app covers word associations (categories) and spelling. It allows the child to work for collectable electronic cards as a motivator. Good for vocabulary skills.
Great app for word association and critical thinking!
This app is definitely for spelling practice and critical thinking. The word association is fun and can be challenging. The child earns stars and can buy digital cards with stars, however this feature is not explained very well.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 02, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Happi Papi LLC
- © Happi Papi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.