By CVMA / ACMV
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Developed by a Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) expert panel, the Antimicrobial SmartVet app is a bilingual antimicrobial treatment decision tool for veterinarians. The tool provides guidance on selecting appropriate antimicrobial therapy for specific bacterial diseases faced by companion animal practitioners.
The Antimicrobial SmartVet app has an intuitive treatment algorithm that guides the veterinarian through the antimicrobial decision-making process, including:
* diagnostic steps
* recommended 1st, 2nd and 3rd line antimicrobial therapy
* recommendations for advance diagnostics and/or referral
URINARY TRACT INFECTION (UTI) TOOL
The UTI application is the first of a suite of tools to be built into the Antimicrobial SmartVet app. It features:
* a treatment algorithm for veterinarians on how to manage antimicrobial treatment for simple and complicated UTIs based on typical antimicrobial activity, the importance of the drug in human medicine and other factors.
* an antimicrobial treatment table that lists recommended therapies, including additional information on pharmacokinetics, contraindications, adverse reactions, etc.
*supplemental resources to help guide veterinarians through successful antimicrobial therapy – e.g. Risk Factors for UTI, Urine Collection and Handling, and Urinalysis Interpretation
Available in English and French / Disponible en français et en anglais
The development of the CVMA SmartVet app was made possible by the funding support of the Canadian Animal Health Institute.
What's New in Version 2.2.370
- Enhanced iPad support
- iOS 8 compatibility updates
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 2.2.370
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- © Canadian Veterinary Medical Association / L'Association canadienne des médecins vétérinaires 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.