Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
- Layout improvements for iPhone X
- Delete all automations of a channel via long tap on an instrument button
- Last saved preset gets loaded again, when opening the app
- Newest Audiobus 3.0.6 SDK
- IAA Sync is supported for Audiobus 3
- Now it’s possible to use Midi Sync in InterApp-Audio or Audiobus sessions
- Tempo option for starting presets, allows/disables tempo changes when a preset is loaded
Ratings and Reviews
Great drum synth, add AU and individual outs and it would be Amazing
I have been scouring the web to find a simple yet dynamic drum synth and this is well on its way to becoming just that! I managed to keep myself entertained for a several hours making ‘live’ techno on one pattern! (Adjusting it on the fly). I love how far you can stretch a sound with this... seriously, with a couple nice fx on it there is a lot to play with and evolve over time. Absolutely part of my regular arsenal now.
All I need to give it 5 stars is - Individual track outs and AU. I’m sure this has been requested.... I don’t think it needs much else, because everything else you can do in a host channel strip just fine... Not to say I wouldn’t like more drum synths to choose from, or FX..., but srsly, please get me individual outs and I will be all lollipops and rainbows about this nearly perfect beast of an app!
Just getting started
So, I got this app and a few of the IAP’s (next is ‘import sample’) and then didn’t use it for a while. At first, I don’t even know why but I thought it was hokey. Honestly, I had yet to figure out the velocity function (this is now huge for me, in other apps too, much like LFO) and wasn’t impressed with the layout or even the sounds. Fast forward to about a month ago and I’m digging deeper. I really was looking for more organic sounding drums but have found that the sounds this app is capable of is extremely versatile. And I’m sure once I acquire the import IAP I’ll be totally addicted. I’m really just getting started with this app even though I’ve had for quite some time. I give it 5 stars simply because there is so much more to it than meets the eye.
Underrated - This is a Gem!
I’ve recently gotten back into Elastic Drums and find myself amazed at how little I had thought about it compared to what it does. This app truly lives up to its tagline “The Flexible Drum Machine”.
My goodness, you can do everything with this! Everything from Electribe drum and sampler type madness to old school 808 and even plain ol’ acoustic rock drumming. There’s an amazing array of useful synths and most importantly a good sampler which you can build your own kits with. The power available here easily outshines 1000’s of dollars of equipment, and all in a nice neat package.
Sure, there are some in-app purchases needed to really leverage all the capabilities, but they’re reasonably priced and help keep the development going. Developers gotta feed their families too.
The iPhone interface is surprisingly well thought out too.
- Oliver Greschke
- 163.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oliver Greschke
- In-App Purchases
- Sample Import $3.99
- App-Sound kit $1.99
- Futuristic synths $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.