Fantastical 2 for iPad - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for your iPad with iOS 8. With the convenient Fantastical Dashboard, you’ll add, view, and interact with your events and reminders with ease.
"For those who just want to get in, get out, and get stuff done, I strongly recommend Fantastical 2 for iPad." - iMore
"Fantastical works better than Apple’s Calendar and Reminders apps..." - MacStories
"...Fantastical is an app I can recommend to anyone who wants to leverage their iPad as a better calendar." - 9to5Mac
"All the beauty of Fantastical, but now for the iPad. I use it for the Mac and iOS—I [...] love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"... Fantastical 2 for iPad ... refuses to abide by conventional notions of how a calendar should look." - The Verge
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! With dictation*, you can even speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will take care of it.
ONE APP, MANY FEATURES
• The Fantastical Dashboard
- Multiple views let you view your events and reminders just the way you want
- DayTicker, week view, or full-screen week view present your events and reminders with clarity
- Customize your Fantastical Dashboard with a simple gesture
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• Informational event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and flexible repeating options
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Accessibility support
* Dictation not supported on iPad 2
What's New in Version 2.6.3
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Best of the bunch
Long time user finally getting around to writing a review...I've strayed to other calendar apps looking for a sleeker look, sexier abilities, more intuitive interface, and tighter iOS integration, but I always return to Fantastical. When I stop to think why I love this calendar app, it's because it's rare I have an issue with it. It's now rare I even think about the interface. Fantastical has become pretty close to seamless with iOS. It is not perfect, but it's almost there. Fantastical has quick workarounds for the default issues it has with iOS. Adding items or reminders via voice or keyboard is about as quick and accurate as can be. iPad version's graphics are a little busy for me; I prefer the simplicity of the iPhone display. Desktop version is fine -- I usually use my phone even when using my Mac -- and Apple Watch version is very useful for discreet reminders and quick glances. Syncing across devices is quick and consistent. Most of my use is for my personal life; my work still has me jailed in Outlook without parole. So while not a heavy minute-to-minute user, I use it as my minder for keeping up my spouse, teenage kids, my older parents' rounds of appointments, various other commitments and obligations, and otherwise supporting a distracted mind. To the devs of Fantastical, great work!
Let's start this with how much I hate paying for apps. When a friend gushed on about Fantastical I had to see what all his hoopla was about. He was right. This is the best calendar, best app hands down on the planet. Finally somebody got it right. So yes, I hate paying for apps but this one is worth every penny and even makes up for some of the lame apps I've purchased. If it had an icon with the current date I'd pay double.
My biggest issue from stopping me giving it 5 stars is the lack of ability to show both the date and the number of new invitations on the icon, as per Apple Calendar. I assume Apple use some private api to achieve this otherwise I can't think why this wouldn't be an option!