By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your documents with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2.8099
* Add images on the go from your phone or tablet
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Rebuttal to Bad Review
While I originally intended to pop over here for a quick review that basically said, "Love this app, makes writing a breeze!", I found a review I feel compelled to comment on for its inaccurate assessment of Docs' features. When you scroll down and find one very negative review, please mentally discard it, as every statement of features lacking is simply not true. Docs does give the user the ability to indent, to change line spacing, to organize folders, to change fonts, sizes, colors, to add bullets and numbering ... you get the idea! And with Docs' frequent updates, there will undoubtedly be more features added as time goes by. Thanks for making this writer's work/play easier and more fun, Docs!
Why a separate app?
I have to say, I feel like this is a pretty big step backwards. I don't get why there now has to be an entirely separate app for editing when the google docs app was just fine. Also, the lack of folders and really any sort of organization in the new app gets on my nerves. I really have to have all my files organized neatly or it bugs me so much and it also makes everything so much harder to find. Step backwards, I'm disappointed.
Edit: one other thing that started being a problem lately is the app crashing. I can't even open the app to use it. I have an iPhone 4 so I'm not completely updated with the new os, but this is a little ridiculous. I should still be able to open the app...
Good app but was better before the update
I use google docs almost daily and liked it a lot until the latest update where docs and the other programs had to be downloaded separately. That was not helpful and not appreciated. It did not make anything easier or less cumbersome.
I have finally gotten use to it but still wish it was less cumbersome and more like docs on a chrome book. That works better but I use iPad and it doesn't work as well as on the computer or chrome book. Sure wish it did because I'd use it more. At work, this is all I have.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 1.2.8099
- Size: 82.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.