By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your documents with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2.8099
* Add images on the go from your phone or tablet
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Absolutely Love It
Google Docs is the new Microsoft Word for me. I have it on my computer, phone, and iPad. It's easy to share your work, the documents are laid out in an easy-to-find fashion, and the fonts are unique and fun. The app isn't quite as developed as the computer version, but It's still great. By 'not quite as developed' I mean there are fewer font options and a couple other minuscule differences that don't really matter. The app even has an option to write in size 13 font, whereas normally it goes 12, 14, etc. Google Docs may get some bad reviews, but it's extremely helpful for those of us who can't fork over 100 dollars for Microsoft Word. You can save it as a Word document and share it with friends/colleagues/families, and make professional documents. There are lots of 'add-ons' to download, and most of them are free. Others cost a little bit of money, but are worth it in my opinion. I recommend everyone give this a try, whether it be computer version or the app!
I use this for team projects
Works especially well for working with a team on group projects for work or for school. I also regularly write narratives with friends together, and this is a wonderful format for when we aren't together in-person; or if we just want to work on separate devices, which is sometimes easier than sharing a keyboard. Haven't had problems with crashing or anything like that: it's a smooth running program that is user friendly. I could start using it for what I wanted to do immediately upon downloading. It's great for individual use as well, to save files online rather than locally saves space on your devices and provides easily accessible back-up. Highly recommended.
Rebuttal to Bad Review
While I originally intended to pop over here for a quick review that basically said, "Love this app, makes writing a breeze!", I found a review I feel compelled to comment on for its inaccurate assessment of Docs' features. When you scroll down and find one very negative review, please mentally discard it, as every statement of features lacking is simply not true. Docs does give the user the ability to indent, to change line spacing, to organize folders, to change fonts, sizes, colors, to add bullets and numbering ... you get the idea! And with Docs' frequent updates, there will undoubtedly be more features added as time goes by. Thanks for making this writer's work/play easier and more fun, Docs!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 1.2.8099
- Size: 82.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.