By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Directly insert photos from your camera
* Open, edit, and save Word documents
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents
What's New in Version 1.2017.36206
* Style individual cells in tables, including the borders and fill color
* Crop, mask, and add borders to images in your document
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Going down hill
Both google sheets and google docs really seem to not work with iOS.
I used to love being able to write on google docs but copy and paste and selecting on iPad feels almost impossible. It’s excruciatingly annoying. Using the arrow keys to highlight text doesn’t work properly and it’s jittery.
Now Google Sheets feels like Google Docs. I type with my keyboard on any other app no problem but when I do it on google sheets it doesn’t recognize a handful of keystrokes like the letter “e,” “r,” and “n.” Trying to get a cell to open and respond is the worst. It doesn’t work like its web counterpart. it would be so simple if it did. You press enter to open the cell and you press up to go to the beginning of the cell while still being lock in the cell until you press enter again. When you do that on the Google Sheets iOS app cancels everything your doing and you go up to the next cell. If you press enter and start typing it deletes everything in the cell with what you started tying.
Most of the apps or products that Google has created have been pretty lame, poorly executed or timed and they completely lack the ability to work with the people that use them - some call it customer service - making them just a big lumbering beast riding the wave of success that a search monopoly brought them.
The exceptions are Gmail and in my opinion the GSuite of apps. No other company has even come close to having collaborative functionality the way Google has done it. Revisioning, recovery, instantaneous changes and lo and behold I can see when someone is working on a doc at the same time as me.
So 5 stars for Google Docs. Guess having all those priceless Stanford degrees sitting around will occasionally produce something awesome.
Not very good
Half the time I try to save files and it just doesn’t work. It keeps older versions of the files and deletes my new data. If I try to copy a file to use it as a template, it almost always saves the old version and won’t let me save the new data. Sometimes, it doesn’t even let me make a copy at all. I can’t save things as a google docs file. It just sits there trying to save for eternity. It has all of the things you would want in a phone word processing app, except none of those things actually work.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 1.2017.36206
- Size: 199 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.