By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on spreadsheets from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Sheets app. With Google Sheets you can:
* Create new spreadsheets or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share spreadsheets and work together with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your spreadsheets with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2015.38207
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Better Than a Game
No, seriously. Sorry for being so late to the party, but I recently started playing with the functions this program, desktop and mobile, has to offer and I am seriously addicted. I'm making spreadsheets for everything: order forms, logs, money management, you name it.
My favorite part has to be the compatibility with Google Forms. This is my main way to enter information. I make the form and hook it up with the spreadsheet I want to and Bam, I have a bookmark to my form so I can fill it out on my device, and then shift to the sheets app to view how my progress is going. Probably my favorite part is the =importrange() function. As far as I know, they are the only ones to be able to take data from one spreadsheet and put it on another...how cool is that!?!
After reading a different review, I very much agree with and feel like it should be pointed out; this is an extension from drive on your desktop! Don't expect this to have all of the some features that your computer. This is to help edit and create simple sheets. If you are trying to do complex things, switch over to your computer!
From the guy who fell in love with this game, I have a few requests, make your gauge chart compatible so I can see my information in the gauge layout, and add multitasking to all of your apps. Keep up the excellent work!
Good, but frustrated about Internet version
While the app itself is great and well made, I don't have a lot of room on my phone to keep it, so I was very frustrated to find that you cannot edit sheets AT ALL on the internet on smartphones anymore. I feel that this is a bit extreme, and very inconvenient to have to switch over to the app every time I click on a link. I sincerely dislike the fact that said link opens in Safari, but then you are "asked" if you would like to use the app instead, when really you have no other choice save whipping out your computer instead. This, to me, is extremely aggravating and inefficient and could be at least slightly resolved with an updated Sheets app which could recognize a Google doc hyperlink and open it itself instead of in Safari first.
On a computer it performs wonderful
Features that work properly on a computer do not work on iOS device. One example is drop down lists. Using iOS in a cell we see the drop down triangle created on a computer, yet on iOS we cannot get it to function. There are other features that work on a computer, but do not do so on iOS. The lack of transferability greatly diminished Sheets usefulness. We are a mobile society, we need the same functionality across all devices.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 1.2015.38207
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.