Kakuro - also known as Cross Sums - is a challenging and fun logic puzzle for people who want to give their brain a bit of a workout. Kakuro is one of the top logic puzzles worldwide, appearing in printed newspapers, magazines, books, and numerous software implementations for smartphones, tablets and computers.
Whether you are new to Kakuro or an experienced player currently using another app, you owe it to yourself to download and try Art of Kakuro. The app was designed to make the experience of playing Kakuro on a mobile device more efficient and enjoyable than anything else available. For example, in other Kakuro apps, adding notes to indicate what digits are possible in a row or column is annoyingly tedious. Art of Kakuro makes this far faster and easier by allowing multiple selections, and by allowing dragging across the number input buttons to enter multiple consecutive digits. As a result, entering notes for a row of three spaces with a sum of 10 takes 2 tap-and-swipe gestures instead of 24 taps. Advantages like these will make other apps seem frustrating once you've used Art of Kakuro!
Art of Kakuro also offers unparalleled choice in gameplay and appearance. There are a number of input control schemes used in various Kakuro apps, but only Art of Kakuro gives YOU the choice, with 11 input control variations available. Options for color scheme, background image and font allow you to find a style that looks good to YOU - and to change it periodically to keep it fresh. Portrait and landscape orientations are fully supported on both iPhones and iPads, once again giving YOU the choice of holding your device as you want.
Download it today and see for yourself why Art of Kakuro is the premier Kakuro experience for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
• Unlimited puzzle generation of 4x4 to 9x9 puzzles (including non-square sizes) at three levels of difficulty
• Selectable colors, font and background image
• "Hints" can walk you through solving a puzzle when you get stuck - not merely filling in a number, but actually explaining the logic
• Sound effects
• Show number combinations for the selected row and column
• Multiple input control options
• Easy to read numbers (in case your eyesight is not as sharp as your mind!)
• Universal app, optimized for both iPhone and iPad
• Supports portrait and landscape use
• Replay games to see if you improve
• See your "solving speed" in digits per hour
• Localized to English, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish
Undo, sound effects, background wallpaper animation, native resolution support for iPhone 6, sharing, link to developer's website (for other apps you may enjoy)
Ratings and Reviews
THIS IS FUN. BY FAR THE BEST KAKURO APP I'VE TRIED, AND I HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF THEM. A FOUR STAR DIFFICULTY LEVEL WOULD BE APPRECIATED, AS WOULD LARGER PUZZLES. I APPRECIATE YOU AND THIS APP.
I like the ability to change colors to differentiate solutions that are rock solid. If I do need to back track, I know not to change those.
Excellent customer service when I thought I had an issue; it was my issue, not the app's.
Love it but Don't make mistakes
I love doing math puzzles. The tables they list are very helpful. I don't like how to undue errors. The 3 star difficulty ones are crazy hard. I wish I could put my possible answers in different colors for vert or horizontal answers in the 3 star puzzles. This app definitely keeps my brain thinking. I spend most of my time doing the 2 stars. Wish it kept a log or some record of how long each puzzle I've done. It's well worth the small cost to upgrade from the free version. I say if you like math puzzles you'll love this!
- Kevin Brain
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © copyright 2015, Kevin Brain
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.