What is Veacon?
Veacon is a Beacon solution pack and uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology to detect iOS devices nearby. Veacon App enables developers and Beacon enthusiasts to use their iOS devices as Veacons and test custom scenarios that are assigned from Veacon web portal.
Use of Veacon Web Portal:
1. Manage iOS devices acting as Veacons,
2. Create custom scenarios and assign them to Veacons. For now you can send text messages and web links. By using our SDK in your application, you take other actions.
You can access web portal from http://portal.veacon.com
How to use:
It is simple! All you need is two iOS devices supporting Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4S and above; iPod Touch; iPad 3 and above)
1. Put an iOS device on Be a Veacon mode and start broadcasting as a Veacon.
2. Go to web portal. Create and assign a scenario to your iOS device.
3. Put the other iOS device to Detect Veacon mode.
4. You will see your scenario become real in a few seconds.
Additional Steps with version 2.0
5. Go to web portal. Create a map, point your Veacon's position by drag&drop, and create a scenario.
6. You will see nearby Veacon's indicator number will turn from black to yellow.
- Map feature added
- Keychain support added
Ratings and Reviews
Finally there is an app that truly simulates iBeacon devices. Create a scenario and you are on air, wow.
Can’t wait for the hardware!
- Valensas Teknoloji
- 3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Valensas 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.