Foursquare Swarm: The Check In App
By Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Swarm is the best way to keep track of the places you go. From the new café downtown to that killer ramen spot in Tokyo, you’ll never ask “what was the name of that place?” again. Whether you love to be a local, or are trying to travel the globe, check in so you can remember everywhere with Swarm.
• This is lifelogging made easy. Each time you check in we’ll add a pin your personal map so you can look back on the places you visit. Help out your future self by adding a photo or a note to your check-ins to make the memories all the better.
• Indian Restaurant? Check. Karaoke bar? Check. Haven’t been to an Art Museum yet? Now’s your chance to go somewhere new! Explore more and collect different types of places. You’ll earn fun Stickers along the way.
• Whether it’s your 10th week in a row at the gym, first time to Canada, or the 25th time you’ve gotten ice cream with your BFF, the more you check in, the more helpful insights you’ll get about your habits and explorations.
*A note on battery. We’ve spent *years* developing the location technology that powers Foursquare Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Say hello to Swarm 5.0. The best way to keep track of the places you go! We’ve been working on a fresh look this Summer, and are ready to show it off. Here’s what’s new and improved:
• Your history, front and center. It’s now easier than ever to see all of your check-ins in one place. Less taps, more leisurely scrolls down memory lane.
• 100 Collectible Categories, each paired with a Collectible Sticker. Chances are you just got A LOT of new ones added to your Sticker book, make sure to check ‘em out.
• A snazzy new look for your profile. Not only can you quickly access all of your stats about where you go and what you do, but also your check-in map is now SHAREABLE. (We’re really excited about this one.)
• Wait, did you not realize you could actually tap on the map on your profile?? Take a look. Every time you check in, we drop a pin for you. Reminisce on that vacation to Paris, family road trip, or all of the local coffee shops you’ve visited on a much more macro, memorable level.
Lifelogging has never been so simple. Get out there, check in, have fun, and Swarm on.
I'm a long time and I'm starting to feel disconnected from the app more and more. I think Foursquare is moving too far from the social and game aspect's of Swarm. The app needs more games and features to better interact with other users. The leaderboard, mayorships and stickers are what make swarm fun. Being the mayor doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. What the purpose of the coins? Lifeloging is OK but there are other apps for that. The app needs more fun!!!! Suggestions: 1. Upload videos in addition to pictures. 2. Make mayorships more of a thing. 3. Limited edition stickers or more of them. The golden stickers for when you checked in the most at a specific category were fun. Golden stickers could be worth more points. 4. Make the coins have more purpose or just replace with points.
At first, I was very excited and happy with the new update. I was really happy with all the new stickers. That meant more coins for check-ins at stores we previously couldn't get coins for. That was up until today when I tried to check into Kroger (a grocery store) and the grocery bag sticker would come up so I could get 3 times the coins for that check-in. That happened on two other check-ins where I was unable to get 3 times the coins that I normally always do. What the hell did y'all do to this app?!!! You're essentially cheating us out of coins we rightfully earned with these check-ins. And, now we can't use our coins to upgrade the stickers because you guys have upgraded them for us! If I can't use the coins to upgrade myself then, the coins are pretty much useless. I don't understand why people feel the need to fix something that's not broken!
Lifelogging, simple tracker for visitied places
The new Swarm app is a great simple way to 'lifelog' the places you visit. The personal timeline view is searchable and includes a map, great for remembering places to recommend to friends.
If you have friends also using Swarm it can be a fun way to see where they have been. There's also lots you can do by linking it with IFTTT.
I'd love if the search feature could be more powerful, for example like in Foursquare where you can specify a category and select "places I have been."
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 95.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- © foursquare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.